Setting Amarok as the default player - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Setting Amarok as the default player - Ubuntu ; Hi - I'm a new convert to Ubuntu and Kubuntu and both excellent OS's. After changing the entry in the rcS file from UTC=yes to UTC=no, I now have the time sync problem sorted. I was wondering if anyone could ...

  1. Setting Amarok as the default player

    Hi - I'm a new convert to Ubuntu and Kubuntu and both excellent OS's. After
    changing the entry in the rcS file from UTC=yes to UTC=no, I now have the
    time sync problem sorted.

    I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one:-

    Ubuntu's default audio player is Sound Juicer, Kubuntu's is Amarok.

    As I want to run Amarok in Ubuntu (with Gnome), I've downloaded & installed
    it, but can't get it to be the default player.

    Could some one assist ?

    Many thanks - Maurice

  2. Re: Setting Amarok as the default player

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:41:55 +0930, Maurice Geue wrote:

    > As I want to run Amarok in Ubuntu (with Gnome), I've downloaded & installed
    > it, but can't get it to be the default player.

    Try Menu | Desktop | Preferences | Removeable drives and media

  3. Re: Setting Amarok as the default player

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:41:55 +0930, Maurice Geue scrawled firmly:

    > Hi - I'm a new convert to Ubuntu and Kubuntu and both excellent OS's.
    > After changing the entry in the rcS file from UTC=yes to UTC=no, I now
    > have the time sync problem sorted.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one:-
    >
    > Ubuntu's default audio player is Sound Juicer, Kubuntu's is Amarok.
    >
    > As I want to run Amarok in Ubuntu (with Gnome), I've downloaded &
    > installed it, but can't get it to be the default player.
    >
    > Could some one assist ?
    >
    > Many thanks - Maurice

    Its a case of right clicking one of your MP3 files and going to
    properties. If youre using Konqueror in Gnome then youve got to click the
    little spanner under the general tab and make sure Amarok is at the top -
    in Nautilus its right click -> properties and select the "open with" tab.

    Thats the simplest method of getting the result you desire. There is also
    a place called alternatives in /etc/ which you can mess with if you
    like.. theres a link here explaining a bit about it - it might be beyond
    the scope of what you want to achieve.

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/...UI_Multimedia/
    LINUX_ALTERNATIVES_HOWTO

    all the best.