KDE4 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on KDE4 - Ubuntu ; Has anyone got it to work properly? I followed the steps: Download and install kdebase-workspace I guess you export the pathes in konsole export LD_LIBRARY_PATH/usr/lib/kde4/lib export KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde4 export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH export KDEHOME=~/.kde4 Then it tells you to run some programs and ...

  1. KDE4

    Has anyone got it to work properly?

    I followed the steps:

    Download and install kdebase-workspace
    I guess you export the pathes in konsole

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH/usr/lib/kde4/lib
    export KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde4
    export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH
    export KDEHOME=~/.kde4

    Then it tells you to run some programs and I did and it all worked but it's
    still 3.5.7 not ver 4

    Did I miss a step or something??

    -HP Garcia

  2. Re: KDE4

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:03:14 -0700
    "H.P. Garcia" wrote:

    > Has anyone got it to work properly?

    Nah, wouldn't look good on my Gnome desktop :-)

    --
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
    Stan Laurel

+ Reply to Thread