Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM can Ubuntumake use of? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM can Ubuntumake use of? - Ubuntu ; Question says it all. -Pete...

  1. Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM can Ubuntumake use of?

    Question says it all.
    -Pete

  2. Badly organized query (was: Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, andhow much RAM can Ubuntumake use of?)

    Pete wrote:

    > Question says it all.

    What question? You should realize that the subject line is not
    always visible to the reader. If you are too lazy to type or
    otherwise copy your query, I am too lazy to answer it.

  3. Re: Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM can Ubuntu make use of?

    Yes
    4GB, or more if it's a 64bit Xeon.

    HTH

    De Kameel

  4. Re: Badly organized query (was: Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeonmachine, and how much RAM can Ubuntumake use of?)

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:26:24 -0400
    CBFalconer wrote:

    > Pete wrote:
    > >
    > > Question says it all.

    > What question? You should realize that the subject line is not
    > always visible to the reader. If you are too lazy to type or
    > otherwise copy your query, I am too lazy to answer it.

    heh, keep 'em coming Chuckles, I need a good laugh on a Monday morning.

    --
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
    Stan Laurel

  5. Re: Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM can Ubuntu make use of?

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:26:48 -0400, Pete wrote:

    > Question says it all.
    > -Pete

    Yes.

    stock kernel 4gb. expanded kernel 64gb.

  6. Re: Will Ubuntu run on a dual Xeon machine, and how much RAM canUbuntu make use of?

    ray wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:26:48 -0400, Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Question says it all.
    >> -Pete

    > Yes.
    >
    > stock kernel 4gb. expanded kernel 64gb.

    Thanks to both of you. (I am looking at buying an older dual Xeon system
    on ebay.)

+ Reply to Thread