Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time - Ubuntu ; Stephan Rose writes: > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:20:30 +0200, Hadron wrote: > > As limited as windows is in it's abilities, a lot of people don't even > use half of what it at least is able to ...

  1. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    Stephan Rose writes:

    > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:20:30 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    > As limited as windows is in it's abilities, a lot of people don't even
    > use half of what it at least is able to do. Hence, they don't ever have
    > problems with features they don't use...

    Sorry you have lost me. Most people dont "use windows" - they run
    applications on it. It is a totally different user experience from Linux
    IMO.

    I'm not sure if you are saying there are problems or that there arent
    any now. or are you assuming there are problems but just that people
    dont find them? Like in any SW?

    --
    A bird in the bush usually has a friend in there with him.

  2. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:52:46 +0200
    Hadron wrote:

    > Stephan Rose writes:
    >
    > > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:20:30 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    > >
    > > As limited as windows is in it's abilities, a lot of people don't even
    > > use half of what it at least is able to do. Hence, they don't ever have
    > > problems with features they don't use...

    > Sorry you have lost me.

    That would appear to be an easy thing to do.

    --
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
    Stan Laurel

  3. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    Trevor Best writes:

    > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:52:46 +0200
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Stephan Rose writes:
    >>
    >> > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:20:30 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >> >
    >> > As limited as windows is in it's abilities, a lot of people don't even
    >> > use half of what it at least is able to do. Hence, they don't ever have
    >> > problems with features they don't use...

    >> Sorry you have lost me.

    > That would appear to be an easy thing to do.

    Glib replies are easy to make especially when clipping the follow up
    where I pointed out that your comments were as applicable to Linux SW as
    to windows. *shrug* Your choice. You're obviously one of the "Windows
    sux brigade". Fine. I had thought you more reasonable and open minded.

    --
    Tu bi or not tu bi

    MISTER -- SanduĂ*che de queijo e presunto: Vou comer um MISTER CAN'T

  4. Re: UBUNTU = Waste of time

    Hadron wrote:

    > Sorry you have lost me. Most people dont "use windows" - they run
    > applications on it. It is a totally different user experience from Linux
    > IMO.

    Isn't that like saying, "Most people drive a car," but then there a few
    that also operate the radio?

    Or a few even check their oil, tire pressure, or maybe look at the
    gauges or idiot lights?

    --
    John

    No Microsoft products were used in the preparation or transmission of this message.