Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04? - Ubuntu ; I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get the BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not installed"....

  1. Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get the
    BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    installed".

  2. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    Roger Cain wrote:
    > I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get the
    > BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    > installed".

    sudo apt-get bbc-stream/apt-x-asf

  3. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    "Motley Guy" wrote in message
    > Roger Cain wrote:
    >> I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get
    >> the
    >> BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    >> installed".
    >>

    > sudo apt-get bbc-stream/apt-x-asf

    Uh??

  4. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:48:40 +0100
    "Roger Cain" wrote:

    > "Motley Guy" wrote in message
    > > Roger Cain wrote:
    > >> I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get
    > >> the
    > >> BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    > >> installed".
    > >>

    > > sudo apt-get bbc-stream/apt-x-asf

    > Uh??

    Ignore Mutley Gal, she's a troll.

    --
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
    Stan Laurel

  5. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    Roger Cain illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get the
    > BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    > installed".

    This HOWTO by Alberto Milone may help

    Moog

    leather straps."

  6. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:59:25 +0100, Roger Cain
    wrote:

    > I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get
    > the
    > BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    > installed".

    Did you install realplayer? I watch all the BBC streams with that. The
    mediaplayerconnectivity add-on for FF is quite handy too (if that's what
    you use). Personally I use Opera and choose to launch in stand-alone
    player.

    regards,
    --
    Robert

  7. Re: Anyone solved Streaming Video in 7.04?

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:59:25 +0100, Roger Cain wrote:

    > I've done everything suggested in the Ubuntu guides but still can't get the
    > BBC news streamer to work. The most usual fault is "x-asf codec not
    > installed".

    Roger,

    Real Player does work, but it does not play it from within your browser.
    I use Firefox, and it opens the video window with error messages. There
    is a link which says "Launch in stand-alone player." This works fine
    using Real Player.

    DM

+ Reply to Thread