kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects? - Ubuntu ; Hi, Hopefully an easy question: Where in Kubuntu 7.10 can I find the Desktop Effects? I found something on the Web saying "System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Desktop Effects", but I can't find that. Maybe this 'path' is a ...

  1. kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    Hi,

    Hopefully an easy question:

    Where in Kubuntu 7.10 can I find the Desktop Effects?

    I found something on the Web saying "System -> Preferences -> Appearance ->
    Desktop Effects", but I can't find that. Maybe this 'path' is a Ubuntu /
    Gnome thing?

    de Kameel

  2. Re: kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    On 2007-10-06, De Kameel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Hopefully an easy question:
    >
    > Where in Kubuntu 7.10 can I find the Desktop Effects?
    >
    > I found something on the Web saying "System -> Preferences -> Appearance ->
    > Desktop Effects", but I can't find that. Maybe this 'path' is a Ubuntu /
    > Gnome thing?
    >
    > de Kameel

    I don't use KDE, but in Gnome, its in the same place as you said in your
    quote above. You need the restricted drivers/nvidia activated.

    I haven't been able to find the 3D Cube yet, but I do have
    my windows rotating with my mouse wheel.

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP with slrn and Xnews

  3. Re: kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:48:52 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > I haven't been able to find the 3D Cube yet, but I do have my
    > windows rotating with my mouse wheel.

    Does that actually help you get the work done?

    --
    Chris Game

    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
    initiative in creating the Internet." - Al Gore, March 9, 1999

  4. Re: kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    Chris Game wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:48:52 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    >
    >> I haven't been able to find the 3D Cube yet, but I do have my
    >> windows rotating with my mouse wheel.

    > Does that actually help you get the work done?

    Did you actually understand the question in the subject?

    Or was it just envy that windows can't do that?
    --
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
    To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.

  5. Re: kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:37:26 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Chris Game wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:48:52 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    >>
    >>> I haven't been able to find the 3D Cube yet, but I do have my
    >>> windows rotating with my mouse wheel.

    press and hold crtl-alt *right-click* mouse and hold -> move mouse

    --
    rich

  6. Re: kubuntu 7.10: where Desktop Effects?

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:23:34 +0100, Chris Game wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:48:52 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    >
    >> I haven't been able to find the 3D Cube yet, but I do have my windows
    >> rotating with my mouse wheel.

    > Does that actually help you get the work done?

    Not everyone's PC is being used for work. I use this one for several
    purposes, including Internet, playing with OS' and some games. I have
    another machine that I make sure is kept stable for games.

    The cube is useful, though. Quick desktop switching is nice, and the pop-
    up window preview is a gem...

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com