Missing shortcut - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Missing shortcut - Ubuntu ; I have just re installed 7.04 and noticed that my shortcut to Thunderbird that I placed on the top panel of the desktop disappears after a reboot. I don't recall it doing this previously, just since the last re install. ...

  1. Missing shortcut

    I have just re installed 7.04 and noticed that my shortcut to
    Thunderbird that I placed on the top panel of the desktop disappears
    after a reboot.
    I don't recall it doing this previously, just since the last re install.
    Is there an option I'm missing?
    TIA,
    Richard

  2. Re: Missing shortcut

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:20:28 -0500, Me wrote:

    > I have just re installed 7.04 and noticed that my shortcut to
    > Thunderbird that I placed on the top panel of the desktop
    > disappears after a reboot. I don't recall it doing this
    > previously, just since the last re install. Is there an option
    > I'm missing?

    Something to do with 'saving sessions' on close? Look around for a
    checkbox on that.

    --
    Chris Game

    "When the winds of change blow, some people build walls, others
    build windmills" -- Brian Maynes

  3. Re: Missing shortcut

    Chris Game wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:20:28 -0500, Me wrote:
    >
    >> I have just re installed 7.04 and noticed that my shortcut to
    >> Thunderbird that I placed on the top panel of the desktop
    >> disappears after a reboot. I don't recall it doing this
    >> previously, just since the last re install. Is there an option
    >> I'm missing?

    > Something to do with 'saving sessions' on close? Look around for a
    > checkbox on that.

    Thanks Chris. Not obvious at first glance so I'll look a bit deeper.
    Richard

  4. Re: Missing shortcut Solved

    Me wrote:
    > Chris Game wrote:
    >> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:20:28 -0500, Me wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have just re installed 7.04 and noticed that my shortcut to
    >>> Thunderbird that I placed on the top panel of the desktop
    >>> disappears after a reboot. I don't recall it doing this
    >>> previously, just since the last re install. Is there an option
    >>> I'm missing?

    >> Something to do with 'saving sessions' on close? Look around for a
    >> checkbox on that.
    >>

    > Thanks Chris. Not obvious at first glance so I'll look a bit deeper.
    > Richard

    Found it - under sessions "Save curent session"

    Richard

  5. Re: Missing shortcut Solved

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:25:41 -0500, Me wrote:

    >> Thanks Chris. Not obvious at first glance so I'll look a bit
    >> deeper. Richard

    > Found it - under sessions "Save curent session"

    Good - I wasn't using Ubuntu at the time (Shhhh!) or I'd have given
    you a more direct pointer.

    --
    Chris Game

    "A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
    -- Dorothy Leigh Sayers

  6. Re: Missing shortcut Solved

    Chris Game wrote:

    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:25:41 -0500, Me wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks Chris. Not obvious at first glance so I'll look a bit
    >>> deeper. Richard

    >> Found it - under sessions "Save curent session"

    > Good - I wasn't using Ubuntu at the time (Shhhh!) or I'd have given
    > you a more direct pointer.

    You really should try to spend more time out of the Windoze environment and
    run Ubuntu if you want to post to this newsgroup with your Linux advice.

    Cheers.

    --
    Sometimes, I Wake Up Grumpy.
    Sometimes, I Just Let Him Sleep In.