Question about Open Office - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Question about Open Office - Ubuntu ; First of all, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this question, but.... I have noticed that ever time I am editing a Spread Sheet using Open Office it crashes when I attempt to modify the formatting ...

  1. Question about Open Office

    First of all, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this question,
    but....

    I have noticed that ever time I am editing a Spread Sheet using Open Office
    it crashes when I attempt to modify the formatting of a cell.
    Has anyone seen this before? I am about to report a bug using launchpad,
    but if anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it.

    Using Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 5 server version

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP with slrn and Xnews

  2. Re: Question about Open Office

    On 2007-10-05, Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    > First of all, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this question,
    > but....
    >
    > I have noticed that ever time I am editing a Spread Sheet using Open Office
    > it crashes when I attempt to modify the formatting of a cell.
    > Has anyone seen this before? I am about to report a bug using launchpad,
    > but if anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > Using Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 5 server version

    Just in case anyone is curious, this is an open bug
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...g2/+bug/147677

    There is no solution currently and the importance is still undecided.
    I don't know what that means, but I would assume that until the importance
    is "decided" it's not going to get any attention.
    If anyone else has witnessed this behavior using Gutsy Gibbon,
    perhaps if you added your comment to the bug, the developers
    might start looking at it?

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP with slrn and Xnews
    ~Nick: People are pigs.
    ~Grissom: Don't insult the pigs, Nick. They're actually very clean.

  3. Re: Question about Open Office....followup

    On 2007-10-05, Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > There is no solution currently and the importance is still undecided.
    > I don't know what that means, but I would assume that until the importance
    > is "decided" it's not going to get any attention.
    > If anyone else has witnessed this behavior using Gutsy Gibbon,
    > perhaps if you added your comment to the bug, the developers
    > might start looking at it?

    sudo apt-get install koffice.
    The spreadsheet app will open OO docs and the format doesn't crash
    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP with slrn and Xnews
    ~Nick: People are pigs.
    ~Grissom: Don't insult the pigs, Nick. They're actually very clean.

+ Reply to Thread