Wireless network hitch - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Wireless network hitch - Ubuntu ; Hi: My quite new Dell laptop, complete with their installation of Ubuntu, has suddenly stopped seeing my wireless network. Since it found it at once when I first switched it on, and has been accessing it ever since with no ...

  1. Wireless network hitch

    Hi:

    My quite new Dell laptop, complete with their installation of Ubuntu,
    has suddenly stopped seeing my wireless network. Since it found it at
    once when I first switched it on, and has been accessing it ever since
    with no problems, I have no idea how it found the network in the first
    place nor how to send it off to search for it again.

    I'm not very familiar with Ubuntu and would be grateful for all
    suggestions and ideas as to how to proceed.

    TIA

    Hugh

    --

    Hugh Newbury

    Running Linux Suse 10.1 in deepest Dorset

  2. Re: Wireless network hitch

    Hugh Newbury wrote:

    > My quite new Dell laptop, complete with their installation of Ubuntu,
    > has suddenly stopped seeing my wireless network. Since it found it at
    > once when I first switched it on, and has been accessing it ever since
    > with no problems, I have no idea how it found the network in the first
    > place nor how to send it off to search for it again.
    >
    > I'm not very familiar with Ubuntu and would be grateful for all
    > suggestions and ideas as to how to proceed.

    Sorry to reply to my own post. I've found a Ctrl-F2 function that does
    the search.

    Panic over.

    Hugh

    --

    Hugh Newbury

    Running Linux Suse 10.1 in deepest Dorset

+ Reply to Thread