Re: mirrors for canonical's commercial packages. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: mirrors for canonical's commercial packages. - Ubuntu ; noalternative illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > I have been having a terrible time downloading anything from ubuntu's > repositories. I think the servers are overloaded. The websites are also > down most of the time. I have found mirrors for ...

  1. Re: mirrors for canonical's commercial packages.

    noalternative illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > I have been having a terrible time downloading anything from ubuntu's
    > repositories. I think the servers are overloaded. The websites are also
    > down most of the time. I have found mirrors for the official ones, but I
    > can't find a mirror canonical's commercial packages.
    >
    > deb http://archive.canonical.com dapper-commercial
    >
    > Anybody know of any mirrors for these packages?

    Check this out mate
    http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/

    Will give you mirrors all across the globe. Just keep choosing your
    favourite "alternate location" to the main server.

    The UK one seems to be fine ATM, by the way.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  2. Re: mirrors for canonical's commercial packages.

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:55:44 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > noalternative illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> I have been having a terrible time downloading anything from ubuntu's
    >> repositories. I think the servers are overloaded. The websites are also
    >> down most of the time. I have found mirrors for the official ones, but I
    >> can't find a mirror canonical's commercial packages.
    >>
    >> deb http://archive.canonical.com dapper-commercial
    >>
    >> Anybody know of any mirrors for these packages?

    > Check this out mate
    > http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/
    >
    > Will give you mirrors all across the globe. Just keep choosing your
    > favourite "alternate location" to the main server.
    >
    > The UK one seems to be fine ATM, by the way.

    Doesn't offer an alternative to the the canonical server, not even if I
    claim I am from the UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or
    Norfolk Island.

    --
    Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
    Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."

  3. Re: mirrors for canonical's commercial packages.

    noalternative illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:55:44 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> noalternative illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> I have been having a terrible time downloading anything from ubuntu's
    >>> repositories. I think the servers are overloaded. The websites are also
    >>> down most of the time. I have found mirrors for the official ones, but I
    >>> can't find a mirror canonical's commercial packages.
    >>>
    >>> deb http://archive.canonical.com dapper-commercial
    >>>
    >>> Anybody know of any mirrors for these packages?

    >> Check this out mate
    >> http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/
    >>
    >> Will give you mirrors all across the globe. Just keep choosing your
    >> favourite "alternate location" to the main server.
    >>
    >> The UK one seems to be fine ATM, by the way.

    > Doesn't offer an alternative to the the canonical server, not even if I
    > claim I am from the UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or
    > Norfolk Island.

    Indeed. You're correct.

    Although it does give
    deb http://archive.canonical.com dapper-commercial main

    I wonder if the word "main" actually makes any difference?

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

+ Reply to Thread