Pan Question - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Pan Question - Ubuntu ; Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if it exists. Thanks....

  1. Pan Question

    Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if it
    exists. Thanks.

  2. Re: Pan Question

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:32:45 +0000, Anonymous wrote:

    > Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    > option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if it
    > exists. Thanks.

    In Pan 0.14.*, you just add it to your X-headers, in Tools > Posting
    Profiles > Open > Custom Headers.

    Dunno about the new one.

    --

    This is a feature, not a bug.

    < The fetchmail FAQ

  3. Re: Pan Question

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:55:18 -0400, mimus wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:32:45 +0000, Anonymous wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    >> option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if
    >> it exists. Thanks.

    > In Pan 0.14.*, you just add it to your X-headers, in Tools > Posting
    > Profiles > Open > Custom Headers.
    >
    > Dunno about the new one.

    Edit | Posting Profiles
    Select your posting profile, and there is a field for "Extra Headers"...

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  4. Re: Pan Question

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:32:45 +0000, Anonymous wrote:

    > Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    > option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if it
    > exists. Thanks.

    Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header.

    Which are you?

  5. Re: Pan Question

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:38:21 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:32:45 +0000, Anonymous wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    >> option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if it
    >> exists. Thanks.

    > Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header.
    >
    > Which are you?

    Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    brilliant however.

    The version of Pan I'm running must be buggy because it
    won't save headers added in Edit/Edit Posting Profiles. I'm using Pan
    0.120.

    Guess it might be time to upgrade and see if there are any other
    bug fixes.

  6. Re: Pan Question

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:02:50 +0000, TJ wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:38:21 -0500, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:32:45 +0000, Anonymous wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive: yes
    >>> option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't found it if
    >>> it exists. Thanks.

    >> Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header.
    >>
    >> Which are you?
    >>

    > Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    > brilliant however.
    >
    > The version of Pan I'm running must be buggy because it won't save
    > headers added in Edit/Edit Posting Profiles. I'm using Pan 0.120.
    >
    > Guess it might be time to upgrade and see if there are any other bug
    > fixes.

    I'm using 0.132, but I haven't tried it to see how well it works. I am
    happy with the standard headers.

    I can understand the rationale for non-trolls that want to use X-
    noarchive, but I have never been that fearful of my words being used
    against me. If you don't want it coming back to you, just don't say it.

    Anyhow, give it a try. There is a .deb available on the pan website for
    0.132, and it is a nice clean install...

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com
    time..." - Danny, American History X

  7. Re: Pan Question

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:02:50 +0000, TJ wrote:

    >> Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header.
    >> Which are you?

    > Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    > brilliant however.

    Huh? Of course I know how to add headers. Have you looked at mine?

    > The version of Pan I'm running must be buggy because it
    > won't save headers added in Edit/Edit Posting Profiles. I'm using Pan
    > 0.120.

    Yeah. That version is only 12 revisions behind. The current (beta)
    release is 0.132. The stable (old) version that I'm using (0.14.2.91) is
    far better anyway, with many more working features, especially scoring
    that actually works.

    > Guess it might be time to upgrade and see if there are any other
    > bug fixes.

    Ya think?

  8. Re: Pan Question

    TJ wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> Anonymous wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a setting in Pan to automatically throw the x-no-archive:
    >>> yes option in Usenet messages? I've looked around and haven't
    >>> found it if it exists. Thanks.

    >> Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header. Which are you?

    > Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    > brilliant however.

    The millenia. Dan C actually wrote something semi-intelligent.

  9. Re: Pan Question

    CBFalconer writes:

    > TJ wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header. Which are you?

    >> Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    >> brilliant however.

    > The millenia. Dan C actually wrote something semi-intelligent.
    >
    > --
    > Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.

    Please fix your signatures.

    --
    Hollywood Boulevard <--> Bury lewd voodoo hall
    -- anagrama

  10. Re: Pan Question

    Joe schreef:
    > On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:02:50 +0000, TJ wrote:

    >>> Only wankers, lamers, and trolls use that header.
    >>>
    >>> Which are you?
    >>>

    >> Looks like you don't know how to add headers either. The reply was
    >> brilliant however.
    >>
    >> The version of Pan I'm running must be buggy because it won't save
    >> headers added in Edit/Edit Posting Profiles. I'm using Pan 0.120.
    >>
    >> Guess it might be time to upgrade and see if there are any other bug
    >> fixes.

    > I'm using 0.132, but I haven't tried it to see how well it works. I am
    > happy with the standard headers.
    >
    > I can understand the rationale for non-trolls that want to use X-
    > noarchive, but I have never been that fearful of my words being used
    > against me. If you don't want it coming back to you, just don't say it.
    >
    > Anyhow, give it a try. There is a .deb available on the pan website for
    > 0.132, and it is a nice clean install...

    It works nicely in 0.132

+ Reply to Thread