lost terminal prompt - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on lost terminal prompt - Ubuntu ; I am running Gutsy Beta and after the last upgrade just now I have noticed a problem with Terminal. Using Application> Accessories> Terminal I get a blank window. No prompts at all. An ideas please how I get it back??...

  1. lost terminal prompt

    I am running Gutsy Beta and after the last upgrade just now I have noticed a
    problem with Terminal.

    Using Application> Accessories> Terminal I get a blank window. No prompts at
    all.

    An ideas please how I get it back??

  2. Re: lost terminal prompt

    "Dave" wrote in message
    >I am running Gutsy Beta and after the last upgrade just now I have noticed
    >a problem with Terminal.
    >
    > Using Application> Accessories> Terminal I get a blank window. No prompts
    > at all.
    >
    > An ideas please how I get it back??

    JFYI and comment??
    I think I have found the problem....(I lost all characters and just get a
    blank screen in terminal mode) ...as even after a fresh install it has
    happened again.

    It seems to be related to using Visual Effects in
    Preferences>Appearance>Visual effects and selecting anything other than
    None or Normal. Having installed NVIDIA accelerated drivers previously.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread