americas army - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on americas army - Ubuntu ; Hi, Has anyone tried playing America's Army on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibon? It installed fine, but when I to run it I get the following: ../armyops Cheat protection disabled WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change! Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find ...

  1. americas army

    Hi,

    Has anyone tried playing America's Army on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibon?
    It installed fine, but when I to run it I get the following:

    ../armyops
    Cheat protection disabled
    WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
    Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

    History:

    Exiting due to error

    I have no idea what this means and thought I would query the newsgroup before attempting
    seek assistance in one of the AA forums.

    Thanks

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG (and anyone else that pisses me off) on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP

  2. Re: americas army...more issues

    On 2007-10-02, Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone tried playing America's Army on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibon?
    > It installed fine, but when I to run it I get the following:
    >
    > ./armyops
    > Cheat protection disabled
    > WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
    > Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
    >

    > History:
    >
    > Exiting due to error
    >
    > I have no idea what this means and thought I would query the newsgroup before attempting
    > seek assistance in one of the AA forums.
    >
    > Thanks

    Once I enabled the linux restricted modules and turned them on, AA would start up. But when I exited the game,
    it made my system freeze. No keys, no mouse, nothing. I had to do a hard-reboot. Not even ALT-F1
    to start a terminal session would work.

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on openSuse, Ubuntu, Vista and XP

  3. Re: americas army...more issues

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:25:19 +0000, Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > On 2007-10-02, Pseudo Silk Kimono
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Has anyone tried playing America's Army on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibon? It
    >> installed fine, but when I to run it I get the following:
    >>
    >> ./armyops
    >> Cheat protection disabled
    >> WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change! Couldn't set video mode:
    >> Couldn't find matching GLX visual
    >>

    >> History:
    >>
    >> Exiting due to error
    >>
    >> I have no idea what this means and thought I would query the newsgroup
    >> before attempting seek assistance in one of the AA forums.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Once I enabled the linux restricted modules and turned them on, AA would
    > start up. But when I exited the game, it made my system freeze. No
    > keys, no mouse, nothing. I had to do a hard-reboot. Not even ALT-F1 to
    > start a terminal session would work.

    I'm playing AA lovely in gusty but having problems with the dashboard
    cant log in @ the present, when i exit the game it shut's down normall ,
    no problems

  4. Re: americas army

    So just like the real thing then

    Another cluster ****

  5. Re: americas army

    BORG wrote:
    > So just like the real thing then

    Not really This one said "exiting due to error"

  6. Re: americas army

    Evil Bert wrote:

    > BORG wrote:
    >> So just like the real thing then

    > Not really This one said "exiting due to error"

    Wonder if Bush will say that

  7. Re: americas army...more issues

    On 2007-10-02, Dj Toonz wrote:

    > I'm playing AA lovely in gusty but having problems with the dashboard
    > cant log in @ the present, when i exit the game it shut's down normall ,
    > no problems

    I reduced my screen resolution and it works fine now. I even set up an account
    on the americasarmy web site and am using it to track my progress.
    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG (and anyone else that pisses me off) on Ubuntu, openSUSE, Vista and XP
    "Paul Millander... He set me up. SON OF A BITCH! I had him and I let him go."
    -- Gil Grissom (Anonymous)

  8. Re: americas army

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:39:21 +0100, BORG wrote:

    > Evil Bert wrote:
    >
    >> BORG wrote:
    >>> So just like the real thing then

    >> Not really This one said "exiting due to error"

    > Wonder if Bush will say that

    lol true ;p , go it working aswell on my end, the dashboard error was
    down to the wrong password being stored :-( but they have changed it from
    last time i played it under feisty :-( and it still takes a while for it
    2 start and shut down, freezes the machine for about 30 secs, propebly
    due to gusty still being in development but as just had new compiz &
    other updates, we will see & pray that it get's sorted b4 the final
    launch date

+ Reply to Thread