Couple of gusty questions - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Couple of gusty questions - Ubuntu ; Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out proper in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the versions we are running or do we need to install the final ...

  1. Couple of gusty questions

    Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out proper
    in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the versions we are
    running or do we need to install the final version?

    when gusty start's the bottom task panell doesnt show up on screen, i
    have to click on it with left mouse button, never used to do it in fiesty
    7.04, is it a bug i've found or becuase i'm running a beta ? thx

  2. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    Dj Toonz wrote:
    > Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out proper
    > in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the versions we are
    > running or do we need to install the final version?
    >
    > when gusty start's the bottom task panell doesnt show up on screen, i
    > have to click on it with left mouse button, never used to do it in fiesty
    > 7.04, is it a bug i've found or becuase i'm running a beta ? thx

    I have the same issue here. Probably a bug.

  3. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 04:49:59 +0000, TomB wrote:

    > Dj Toonz wrote:
    >> Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out
    >> proper in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the
    >> versions we are running or do we need to install the final version?
    >>
    >> when gusty start's the bottom task panell doesnt show up on screen, i
    >> have to click on it with left mouse button, never used to do it in
    >> fiesty 7.04, is it a bug i've found or becuase i'm running a beta ? thx

    > I have the same issue here. Probably a bug.

    Also there's no easy way to remove the folders in places either i noticed
    because as soon as you delete them, they show back up on start up

  4. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On 2007-10-01, Dj Toonz wrote:
    > Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out proper
    > in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the versions we are
    > running or do we need to install the final version?
    >
    > when gusty start's the bottom task panell doesnt show up on screen, i
    > have to click on it with left mouse button, never used to do it in fiesty
    > 7.04, is it a bug i've found or becuase i'm running a beta ? thx

    Have you tried doing a right click where the panel should be and docking it
    by selecting "Lock Panel Position"?

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on openSuse, Ubuntu, Vista and XP

  5. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:33:42 +0000, Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > On 2007-10-01, Dj Toonz wrote:
    >> Hi all, I'm testing gusty and just want to know when it comes out
    >> proper in 2 weeks or about, will we still be able to update the
    >> versions we are running or do we need to install the final version?
    >>
    >> when gusty start's the bottom task panell doesnt show up on screen, i
    >> have to click on it with left mouse button, never used to do it in
    >> fiesty 7.04, is it a bug i've found or becuase i'm running a beta ? thx

    > Have you tried doing a right click where the panel should be and docking
    > it by selecting "Lock Panel Position"?

    when i do a right click where the panel should be, it just comes up with
    the normall right click command, when i right click on the panell itself
    it comes up with where it goes top,bottom,left or right. the size,
    expand, autohide & show buttons, i dont see a lock panel Position, if
    where it should be is bottom , that's marked bottom, and the only way to
    show the bottom panel is by left clicking where it normally is when i
    start gusty , never used to do this under fiesty & a few other people are
    having the same problem aswell , must be a bug thx again

  6. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    I'm having the same problem.
    Just have to live with it i suppose till they get it fixed.

    it has been reported:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/147070

  7. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:26:15 +0000, brummie wrote:

    > I'm having the same problem.
    > Just have to live with it i suppose till they get it fixed.
    >
    > it has been reported:
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/147070

    Yup the tip what they say what 2 do with adding the bottom panel to not
    use compiz doesnt work in my case & just had 70 new updates 4 gusty this
    morning @ 9:15 including a couple of compiz ones so hoping and praying
    that 1 of them fixes the problem for everybody if not hope it get's fixed
    b4 the final launch on the 19th

  8. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:32:58 +0000, Dj Toonz wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:26:15 +0000, brummie wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having the same problem.
    >> Just have to live with it i suppose till they get it fixed.
    >>
    >> it has been reported:
    >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/147070

    > Yup the tip what they say what 2 do with adding the bottom panel to not
    > use compiz doesnt work in my case & just had 70 new updates 4 gusty this
    > morning @ 9:15 including a couple of compiz ones so hoping and praying
    > that 1 of them fixes the problem for everybody if not hope it get's
    > fixed b4 the final launch on the 19th

    Nope the bottom panel & double folders showing up in the places menu
    issue's haven't been fixed with the latest updates & patches :-( still
    waiting lol even added a entry to launchpad myself for the 2 above
    problems aswell

  9. Re: Couple of gusty questions

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:42:07 +0000, Dj Toonz wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:32:58 +0000, Dj Toonz wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:26:15 +0000, brummie wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm having the same problem.
    >>> Just have to live with it i suppose till they get it fixed.
    >>>
    >>> it has been reported:
    >>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/147070

    >> Yup the tip what they say what 2 do with adding the bottom panel to not
    >> use compiz doesnt work in my case & just had 70 new updates 4 gusty
    >> this morning @ 9:15 including a couple of compiz ones so hoping and
    >> praying that 1 of them fixes the problem for everybody if not hope it
    >> get's fixed b4 the final launch on the 19th

    > Nope the bottom panel & double folders showing up in the places menu
    > issue's haven't been fixed with the latest updates & patches :-( still
    > waiting lol even added a entry to launchpad myself for the 2 above
    > problems aswell

    i know i could switch off compiz till the above issue gets sorted out and
    stop moaning, but that's like using w!ndow$ again, static screen's :-( &
    got so used now to seeing water effects & my screen spinning around in a
    cube & wobbly screen's when ever i move them & all the other lovely
    effects, it sill shocks me that ubuntu runs aswell as it does with the
    effect's enabled without any slow down on this machine not like vista. I
    couldn't go back to using plain old Ubuntu now. even all my friends smile
    when they see me moving my desktop around, upside down inside out &
    whatever & seeing the water effects on the screen and i don't get bored
    with it , yearh i know what your all thinking BIG KID, i don't care,
    probley i'll get bored when it wears off and switch the effects off. but
    till then i'll stop moaing & wait for a patch to come out what fixes the
    problems lol

+ Reply to Thread