mythtv setup - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on mythtv setup - Ubuntu ; xubunt6 wrote: > Moog wrote: >> xubunt6 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: >>> Joe wrote: >>>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:50:26 +0200, xubunt6 wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hello, >>>>> >>>>> I just installed mythtv >>>>> >>>>> finishing apt-get ... it errored: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: mythtv setup -> linuxmce

    xubunt6 wrote:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> xubunt6 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Thanks. I might just do that.

    >> Or...
    >>
    >> LinuxMCE
    >>
    >> A Media center linux based on Kubuntu.
    >> http://linuxmce.com
    >>

    > Thanks. But i cannot find on the site whether xubunt 6 lts is supported ...

    subject adapted.

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 just installed ..."

  2. Re: mythtv setup

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:47:37 +0200, xubunt6 wrote:

    > Joe wrote:
    >> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:50:26 +0200, xubunt6 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I just installed mythtv
    >>>
    >>> finishing apt-get ... it errored:
    >>>
    >>> so i run again:
    >>> /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
    >>>
    >>> chown: changing ownership of `/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid':
    >>> Operation not permitted
    >>> chown: changing ownership of `/var/run/mythtv': Operation not
    >>> permitted
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> While it doesn't help you with your current predicament, it might be
    >> worthwhile to wait a few more weeks and install MythBuntu when it is
    >> released. An unofficial Ubuntu variant with MythTV all ready to go,
    >> and support for most common hardware for the MythTV purposes... It is
    >> available now in Beta, but should be released shortly after Gutsy...
    >>

    > Forgotten: does it work under xubunt 606 lts?

    No. It (and LinuxMCE) are complete distributions, not apps. Mythbuntu
    is based on Ubuntu 7.10, and will be released shortly after 7.10 is.

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  3. Re: mythtv setup

    xubunt6 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > <....>
    >> Or...
    >>
    >> LinuxMCE
    >>
    >> A Media center linux based on Kubuntu.
    >> http://linuxmce.com
    >>

    > Thanks. But i cannot find on the site whether xubunt 6 lts is supported ...

    See the "build from source" instructions.

    It is built on Kubuntu but can be built on any deb based system. It
    could be tricky, but it certainly looks promising.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  4. Re: mythtv setup

    Joe wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:47:37 +0200, xubunt6 wrote:
    >
    >> Joe wrote:

    >>> While it doesn't help you with your current predicament, it might be
    >>> worthwhile to wait a few more weeks and install MythBuntu when it is
    >>> released. An unofficial Ubuntu variant with MythTV all ready to go,
    >>> and support for most common hardware for the MythTV purposes... It is
    >>> available now in Beta, but should be released shortly after Gutsy...
    >>>

    >> Forgotten: does it work under xubunt 606 lts?

    > No. It (and LinuxMCE) are complete distributions, not apps. Mythbuntu
    > is based on Ubuntu 7.10, and will be released shortly after 7.10 is.

    Thanks.

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 just installed ..."