How to set up an FTP server - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to set up an FTP server - Ubuntu ; I would like to set up one of the PCs on my home LAN as an FTP server, but have no idea what to do to my router to make that happen! Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions? It's a ...

  1. How to set up an FTP server

    I would like to set up one of the PCs on my home LAN as an FTP server,
    but have no idea what to do to my router to make that happen!

    Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions?

    It's a Westell 327W "gateway".

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:16:12 GMT, CPDR wrote:
    > I would like to set up one of the PCs on my home LAN as an FTP server,
    > but have no idea what to do to my router to make that happen!
    >
    > Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions?
    >
    > It's a Westell 327W "gateway".
    >
    > Thanks.

    More info is needed. Do you want just local lan access or do you want
    access from the internet to your system?

    Here is a howto from Ubuntu forum.

    google for home ftp server ubuntu brings in all kinds of hits with
    howtos. These should get you going.

    Goph
    --
    Google is your friend LRU# 195835
    http://www.google.com

  3. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:16:12 GMT CPDR wrote:

    > I would like to set up one of the PCs on my home LAN as an FTP
    > server, but have no idea what to do to my router to make that happen!

    > Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions?

    It looks like there are a bunch of instructions here:

    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#FTP_Server

    --
    Little Girl

    Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - the fear of long words.

  4. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On 2007-09-24, Little Girl wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:16:12 GMT CPDR wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to set up one of the PCs on my home LAN as an FTP
    >> server, but have no idea what to do to my router to make that happen!

    >> Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions?

    > It looks like there are a bunch of instructions here:
    >
    > http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#FTP_Server

    Nice. That's what I was looking for too.

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG and Supernews now on Ubuntu, Vista and XP

  5. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:45:00 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > On 2007-09-24, Little Girl wrote:

    > > It looks like there are a bunch of instructions here:

    > > http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#FTP_Server

    > Nice. That's what I was looking for too.

    I'm glad it helped. (:

    --
    Little Girl

    Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - the fear of long words.

  6. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On 2007-10-01, Little Girl wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:45:00 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-09-24, Little Girl wrote:

    >> > It looks like there are a bunch of instructions here:

    >> > http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty#FTP_Server

    >> Nice. That's what I was looking for too.

    > I'm glad it helped. (:

    Except that it only works from within my home network. I tried it at work
    today and kept getting a time out on it...
    Damn.. that reminds me.. I gotta get ddclient installed.

    --
    PSK - RLU 452647 http://improve-usenet.org
    Killing GG on openSuse, Ubuntu, Vista and XP

  7. Re: How to set up an FTP server

    On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:35:05 +0000 (UTC), Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > Little Girl wrote:
    > > Pseudo Silk Kimono wrote:

    > >> Nice. That's what I was looking for too.

    > > I'm glad it helped. (:

    > Except that it only works from within my home network. I tried it at
    > work today and kept getting a time out on it...

    I don't know if you use Windows at work, but if you do, does this
    section help?

    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:F...client_machine

    > Damn.. that reminds me.. I gotta get ddclient installed.

    No idea what it is, but good luck with it. (:

    --
    Little Girl

    There is no spoon.

+ Reply to Thread