wallpaper/background - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on wallpaper/background - Ubuntu ; what directory are the wallpaper backgrounds saved to?...

  1. wallpaper/background

    what directory are the wallpaper backgrounds saved to?

  2. Re: wallpaper/background

    H.P. Garcia wrote:
    > what directory are the wallpaper backgrounds saved to?

    Save them where ever you wish. You can add them from any directory. If
    you meant to ask the default directory, that's usually:
    /usr/share/wallpapers/

    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: wallpaper/background

    H.P. Garcia wrote:
    > what directory are the wallpaper backgrounds saved to?

    I save my own (private) background pictures in $HOME/wallpapers folder.
    Create wallpapers directory under your $HOME directory.

    Start "gnome-background-properties" application
    $ gnome-background-properties
    and pick the wallpapers from where you saved them.

    You will find some default background pictures in the
    /usr/share/backgrounds/ directory.

    Find more
    $ find /usr/share -name "*jpg"

    and