'Best' DVD burning software? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 'Best' DVD burning software? - Ubuntu ; Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff. Richard....

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 'Best' DVD burning software?

  1. 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.

    Richard.

  2. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Richard wrote thus:
    > Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    > personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.


    I have always used Kb3 works for me.

    --
    Steve

    I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
    - Tom Stoppard

  3. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:33 +0100, Steve wrote:

    > Richard wrote thus:
    >> Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    >> personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.

    >
    > I have always used Kb3 works for me.


    And where, prey tell, may I find that? Can't see it on synaptic package
    manager. Google didn't come up much.
    Richard.

  4. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:33 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >> I have always used Kb3 works for me.

    >
    > And where, prey tell, may I find that? Can't see it on synaptic package
    > manager. Google didn't come up much.


    I think Steve means "K3b", which is showing as five-star popularity on
    Synaptic at the moment.

    --
    Gareth Halfacree
    http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk

  5. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote:
    > I think Steve means "K3b", which is showing as five-star popularity on
    > Synaptic at the moment.


    Your synaptic shows ratings? What am I missing?

    --
    As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
    glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours;
    and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  6. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote thus:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:33 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >>> I have always used Kb3 works for me.

    >> And where, prey tell, may I find that? Can't see it on synaptic package
    >> manager. Google didn't come up much.


    > I think Steve means "K3b", which is showing as five-star popularity on
    > Synaptic at the moment.


    Sorry I did mean K3b, the old dyslexia kicks in now and again!!!!!

    --
    Steve

    The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base
    ten counting system and likes round numbers.
    - Scott Adams

  7. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Richard illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:33 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Richard wrote thus:
    >>> Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    >>> personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.

    >>
    >> I have always used Kb3 works for me.

    >
    > And where, prey tell, may I find that? Can't see it on synaptic package
    > manager. Google didn't come up much.


    Richard,

    Steve made a slight typo. I think he meant K3B

    --
    Moog

    "Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the
    leather straps."

  8. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    On 2007-09-21, Richard wrote:
    > Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    > personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.


    I see than many like k3b or was that k3p (?C3pi0?). If you are using
    gnome an excellent alternative is Gnomebaker.

    Andrew

    --
    ὑπερθορὼν δὲ πύργον *μηστὴς λέων
    ἄδην ἔλειξεν αἵματος τυραννικοῦ.
    And a flesh-devouring lion swarms over the battlements,
    drinking its fill of the blood of kings. Agamemnon 827-8

  9. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote:
    >> I think Steve means "K3b", which is showing as five-star popularity on
    >> Synaptic at the moment.

    >
    > Your synaptic shows ratings? What am I missing?


    Whoops - my bad. I wasn't using Synaptic, I was using the Ubuntu
    'Add/Remove' option at the bottom of the Applications menu in Gnome.
    *That* shows a star rating based on number of downloads. Sorry to mislead.

    --
    Gareth Halfacree
    http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk


  10. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote:
    > johnny bobby bee wrote:
    >> Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote:
    >>> I think Steve means "K3b", which is showing as five-star popularity
    >>> on Synaptic at the moment.

    >>
    >> Your synaptic shows ratings? What am I missing?

    >
    > Whoops - my bad. I wasn't using Synaptic, I was using the Ubuntu
    > 'Add/Remove' option at the bottom of the Applications menu in Gnome.
    > *That* shows a star rating based on number of downloads. Sorry to
    > mislead.



    It is not part of Ubuntu 6.06, but I do see it under Ubuntu 7.04. Don't
    know if it was available in 6.10.

    Can't find anything rated lower than three stars, except two in "System
    Tools" (go figger). They should make an adjustment downward so there is
    more "room at the top" for a better rating.


    --
    John

    No Microsoft products were used in the preparation or transmission of this message.

    The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell me what I can't do. The GPL sounds like it was written by a human being, who wants me to know what I can do.

  11. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Moog wrote:
    > Richard illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:50:33 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >>
    >>> Richard wrote thus:
    >>>> Hi all, what's the best package for burning DVD's? I am just talking
    >>>> personal data files here not Video/ copyrighted stuff.
    >>> I have always used Kb3 works for me.

    >> And where, prey tell, may I find that? Can't see it on synaptic package
    >> manager. Google didn't come up much.

    >
    > Richard,
    >
    > Steve made a slight typo. I think he meant K3B
    >


    And so did you :-D it's a lower case b 8-)


    Ram

  12. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    Gareth Robert Halfacree wrote:
    > Whoops - my bad. I wasn't using Synaptic, I was using the Ubuntu
    > 'Add/Remove' option at the bottom of the Applications menu in Gnome.
    > *That* shows a star rating based on number of downloads. Sorry to mislead.
    >


    Ah, gnome-app-install.

    --
    As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
    glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours;
    and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  13. Re: 'Best' DVD burning software?

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:35:24 +0100
    Steve wrote:

    > Sorry I did mean K3b, the old dyslexia kicks in now and again!!!!!
    >


    dyslexia is never having to say you're syrro.

    --
    To err is human, to moo bovine.

+ Reply to Thread