Editing menu items / icons on panel - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Editing menu items / icons on panel - Ubuntu ; Hi, I've just installed 7.04, and am trying to edit the Epiphany icon on the panel. However, no matter what I enter in the Name or Description fields seems to make any different - it just reverts to "Epiphany Web ...

  1. Editing menu items / icons on panel

    Hi,

    I've just installed 7.04, and am trying to edit the Epiphany icon on the
    panel.

    However, no matter what I enter in the Name or Description fields seems to
    make any different - it just reverts to "Epiphany Web Browser" and "Browse
    the web".

    Is it not possible to change these texts?

    Any assistance gratefully received.

    Mark

  2. Re: Editing menu items / icons on panel

    On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:15:58 GMT "Mark Rae"
    wrote:

    > I've just installed 7.04, and am trying to edit the Epiphany icon on
    > the panel.

    > However, no matter what I enter in the Name or Description fields
    > seems to make any different - it just reverts to "Epiphany Web
    > Browser" and "Browse the web".

    > Is it not possible to change these texts?

    > Any assistance gratefully received.

    It might be a link to the original link. Take a look in your Gnome or
    Kubuntu menus to see if you find the originals. Changing those would
    likely change any links to them. I could be wrong, though, but
    hopefully if I am, someone will be along shortly to correct this. (:

    --
    Little Girl

    Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - the fear of long words.

+ Reply to Thread