Converting IMG files - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Converting IMG files - Ubuntu ; Hi (Again) I have downloaded an ISO I would like to burn in Ubuntu, however it is IMG, and I cannot for the life of me find a program to do that. Is there a command line program I can ...

  1. Converting IMG files

    Hi (Again)
    I have downloaded an ISO I would like to burn in Ubuntu, however it is
    IMG, and I cannot for the life of me find a program to do that. Is there
    a command line program I can look for to convert it to ISO for example?

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  2. Re: Converting IMG files

    MCR writes:

    > Hi (Again)
    > I have downloaded an ISO I would like to burn in Ubuntu, however it is
    > IMG, and I cannot for the life of me find a program to do that. Is there
    > a command line program I can look for to convert it to ISO for
    > example?

    I typed "img file iso linux" into Google and got this on page 1:

    "Linux & Java tips: Mount ISO, CUE/BIN, NRG, IMG, MDF files in ubuntu"

    http://lj4newbies.blogspot.com/2007/...-files-in.html

    I used this resource a while ago. Very good.

    --
    The modern child will answer you back before you've said anything.
    -- Laurence J. Peter

  3. Re: Converting IMG files

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:20:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    Snipped

    > I typed "img file iso linux" into Google and got this on page 1:
    >
    > "Linux & Java tips: Mount ISO, CUE/BIN, NRG, IMG, MDF files in ubuntu"
    >
    > http://lj4newbies.blogspot.com/2007/...-files-in.html
    >
    > I used this resource a while ago. Very good.

    Cheers! Who needs google when we have you?;-)

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  4. Re: Converting IMG files

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:33:27 +0000, MCR wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:20:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    > Snipped
    >
    >> I typed "img file iso linux" into Google and got this on page 1:
    >>
    >> "Linux & Java tips: Mount ISO, CUE/BIN, NRG, IMG, MDF files in ubuntu"
    >>
    >> http://lj4newbies.blogspot.com/2007/...n-nrg-img-mdf-

    files-in.html

    >> I used this resource a while ago. Very good.
    >>

    > Cheers! Who needs google when we have you?;-)

    That's sometimes not even necessary.

    If you run "file " and it reports the file as an ISO or
    UDF, you can just rename it to .iso

    Example:

    stephan@stephan-desktop:/media/data/DVD/浜崎あゆみ$ file "Arena Tour
    2003-2004.iso"

    Arena Tour 2003-2004.iso: UDF filesystem data (version 1.5)

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    君のこと思い出す日なんてないのは
    君のこと忘れたときがないから

  5. Re: Converting IMG files

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:14:35 -0500, Stephan Rose wrote:

    Snipped

    > That's sometimes not even necessary.
    >
    > If you run "file " and it reports the file as an ISO or
    > UDF, you can just rename it to .iso

    Thanks! Thats what exactly happened to me. I renamed the file to ISO and
    it was OK, it wouldnt use any of the tools I installed as it complained it
    was already a 9660iso or something.

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making