Compiz-fusion and Emerald question - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Compiz-fusion and Emerald question - Ubuntu ; Hi All, I have un-installed all the packages to do with Beryl and installed Compiz-fusion as per instructions, and boy does it look good. Anyway, I see no-where to change the titlebar themes. Does emerald work with Compiz-fusion? Anyone know? ...

  1. Compiz-fusion and Emerald question

    Hi All,
    I have un-installed all the packages to do with Beryl and installed
    Compiz-fusion as per instructions, and boy does it look good. Anyway, I
    see no-where to change the titlebar themes. Does emerald work with
    Compiz-fusion?

    Anyone know? I would try it, but I am afraid of borking my setup.

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  2. Re: Compiz-fusion and Emerald question

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:35:10 -0500, Stephan Rose wrote:

    Snipped

    > Yes it's possible though everytime I try it, and I've tried on two
    > different systems, I don't get a list of themes to choose from like I did
    > under beryl.
    >
    > To start emerald, run this from the command line:
    >
    > emerald --replace
    >
    > That'll activate emerald, but I have no idea what's wrong with the themes.

    Thanks for the information. I don't think I will bother as obviously the
    themes is what I am looking for. I must say that dropping beryl and
    installing compiz-fusion was a good move, i've found it seems to be more
    responsive for me and i've had no windows decorator issues I used to have
    with beryl and emerald.

    Thanks again!

    --
    MCR