raid problem - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on raid problem - Ubuntu ; I can't mount my VIA RAID 1 sata (ok on windoz) on my Feisty Fawn, i ever see sdb, sdc with same files (obviusly Ubuntu is not on RAID disks). Because my little experience in linux, i ask for a ...

  1. raid problem

    I can't mount my VIA RAID 1 sata (ok on windoz) on my Feisty Fawn, i ever
    see sdb, sdc with same files (obviusly Ubuntu is not on RAID disks).
    Because my little experience in linux, i ask for a good guide on net.
    Thanks for answers and sorry for english!

    Ciao

  2. Re: raid problem

    I analised the same problem...

    The problem is that this "cheap" RAID solutions in fact do "semi" hardware
    raid... It does not work if drivers are not installed in Windows for
    example. So it is not so secure as "real" hardware raid.

    You need to install fake raid component.

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto

    Hope you will be able to make it work...

    Luka

    "angelo56" wrote in message
    >I can't mount my VIA RAID 1 sata (ok on windoz) on my Feisty Fawn, i ever
    >see sdb, sdc with same files (obviusly Ubuntu is not on RAID disks).
    > Because my little experience in linux, i ask for a good guide on net.
    > Thanks for answers and sorry for english!
    >
    > Ciao

+ Reply to Thread