Merge wav files with mplayer? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Merge wav files with mplayer? - Ubuntu ; Hi, I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files? Thanks, Andrew -- Andrew's Corner http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html...

  1. Merge wav files with mplayer?

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html

  2. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    * andrew :
    > I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    > way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?

    Using mencoder, not to my knowledge. However, very simple using SoX.

    $ sox infile1.wav infile2.wav infileN.wav outfile.wav

    --
    James Michael Fultz
    Remove this part when replying ^^^^^^^^

  3. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    On 2007-09-18, James Michael Fultz wrote:
    > * andrew :
    >> I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    >> way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?

    > Using mencoder, not to my knowledge. However, very simple using SoX.
    >
    > $ sox infile1.wav infile2.wav infileN.wav outfile.wav

    Thanks for the tip. But it looks like sox has a size limit and will
    not open either file, they are 2.1gig each. Doh!!

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html

  4. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    andrew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    > way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew

    I would suggest that you try Audacity.
    Don
    Keep smiling.

  5. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:51:46 +0000, andrew wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    > way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew

    mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy *.wav -o merged.wav

    Frank

    --
    "Life is not a spectator sport" - Jackie Robinson

  6. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    andrew wrote:
    > I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    > way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?

    try:
    mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -idx -o whole.wav part1.wav part2.wav

    --Benjamin Franklin

  7. Re: Merge wav files with mplayer?

    On 2007-09-18, johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > andrew wrote:
    >> I am sure this should be easy but I cannot work it out!! Is there a
    >> way with mplayer / mencoder to merge 2 wav files?

    > try:
    > mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -idx -o whole.wav part1.wav part2.wav

    Thanks, although this did not work: wanted output to be avi. I have
    finally managed to join the files by compiling a newer version of SoX:
    13.0.0. Oddly enough SoX 14.0.0 did not run at all on my system.

    Mind you my old copy of lame did not like the 3 gig file so I had to
    compile the newest one. Hmmmmm.... almost time to give up on Dapper

    Thanks for your help,

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner