How....? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How....? - Ubuntu ; Recently installed Ubuntu LTS Dapper Drake. How does one format a USB hard drive How does one format a USB stick Dow does one transfer files from PC to Stick and external hard drive and vicer-versa Any help gratefully received. ...

  1. How....?

    Recently installed Ubuntu LTS Dapper Drake.

    How does one format a USB hard drive
    How does one format a USB stick
    Dow does one transfer files from PC to Stick and external hard drive and
    vicer-versa

    Any help gratefully received.

    I have managed to get mp3 files to play so I am a little happier

    --
    the_constructor

    Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

    http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

  2. Re: How....?

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:00:47 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

    > Recently installed Ubuntu LTS Dapper Drake.
    >
    > How does one format a USB hard drive

    Normally don't have to. You would use a variety of 'mkfs' - depending on
    what file system you want to use.

    > How does one format a USB stick

    Normally don't have to. You would use a variety of 'mkfs' - depending on
    what file system you want to use.

    You could also use a tool like gparted, which will partition and format.

    > Dow does one transfer files from PC to Stick and external hard drive and
    > vicer-versa

    cp or a file manager.

    > Any help gratefully received.
    >
    > I have managed to get mp3 files to play so I am a little happier

+ Reply to Thread