ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV - Ubuntu ; I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG Flatron M203WA Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with Ubuntu? And, regarding the ATI ...

  1. ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.
    She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG Flatron M203WA
    Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with Ubuntu? And,
    regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers available?

    Thanks,

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  2. Re: ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:21:12 +0200, Alias wrote:

    > I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty
    > Fawn. She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG
    > Flatron M203WA Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with
    > Ubuntu? And, regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers
    > available?

    People pay you to go away and ask questions on newsgroups?

    Simple answer: plug in a liveCD and try it. Fiddle with the cheat
    codes if necessary, if it doesn't work after that, try another
    distro.

    --
    Chris Game

    "An exclamation mark is like laughing at your own joke."
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

  3. Re: ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    Chris Game wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:21:12 +0200, Alias wrote:
    >
    >> I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty
    >> Fawn. She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG
    >> Flatron M203WA Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with
    >> Ubuntu? And, regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers
    >> available?

    > People pay you to go away and ask questions on newsgroups?

    It's one place I try to find out about things but I only get paid when I
    do something for a client, of course.

    > Simple answer: plug in a liveCD and try it. Fiddle with the cheat
    > codes if necessary, if it doesn't work after that, try another
    > distro.

    I didn't have the live CD with me and the client doesn't live next door.
    What do you mean by "cheat codes" and are you referring to the drivers
    for ATI or the monitor?

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  4. Re: ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    Chris Game writes:

    > On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:21:12 +0200, Alias wrote:
    >
    >> I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty
    >> Fawn. She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG
    >> Flatron M203WA Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with
    >> Ubuntu? And, regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers
    >> available?

    > People pay you to go away and ask questions on newsgroups?
    >
    > Simple answer: plug in a liveCD and try it. Fiddle with the cheat
    > codes if necessary, if it doesn't work after that, try another
    > distro.

    Much as I find this answer a tad curt Chris is, of course, right. Never
    ask questions like this as people actually do lie and bull****. Try the
    livecd. Don't have one? Get one. Better to be sure. Google will tell you
    how to make one.

    --
    I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise.
    -- Chauncey Depew

  5. Re: ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    Alias wrote:

    > I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.
    > She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG Flatron M203WA
    > Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with Ubuntu? And,
    > regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers available?
    >
    > Thanks,

    You can easily find out what ATI cards are supported with ATI's proprietary
    Linux drivers by going here ...

    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

    Work you way through and you'll see they offer drivers for that card.

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  6. Re: ATI Captiva Radeion 9250 and an LG Flatron M203WA Monitor/TV

    NoStop wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> I have a client who wants to dump Windows and adopt Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.
    >> She has an ATI Captiva Radeon 9250 at 128MB and an LG Flatron M203WA
    >> Panoramic Monitor/TV. Will this hardware work with Ubuntu? And,
    >> regarding the ATI graphics card, are drivers available?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    > You can easily find out what ATI cards are supported with ATI's proprietary
    > Linux drivers by going here ...
    >
    > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    >
    > Work you way through and you'll see they offer drivers for that card.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Yay! Thanks!

    --
    Alias