Enabling 5.1 surround - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Enabling 5.1 surround - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:37:49 -0400, Little Girl wrote: > Trevor Best wrote: > >> Little Girl wrote: > >> > > It is my model but the very mention of snd-cs46xx in alsa-base >> > > seems to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Enabling 5.1 surround

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:37:49 -0400, Little Girl wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:

    >> > Then for heaven's sake, don't say it! (:

    >> Like Macbeth? D'oh!

    > Can you tell I never read Macbeth? (:

    You don't even need to leave your chair:

    http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2264

  2. Re: Enabling 5.1 surround

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:43:05 -0400
    Little Girl wrote:

    > Good! Now get to work! (:

    Got something out of the centre speaker today :-)

    using the howto on alsa's site
    http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Pl...up_%28Howto%29

    although that only works for aplay as far as I can tell.

    --
    If you can do ballet then you can do anything
    except reach high things because you're dinky.

  3. Re: Enabling 5.1 surround

    Trevor Best wrote:

    > Little Girl wrote:

    > > Good! Now get to work! (:

    > Got something out of the centre speaker today :-)

    w00t! This means you've caught the tail of the beast!

    > using the howto on alsa's site
    > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Pl...up_%28Howto%29

    Have you tried some of the alternatives mentioned there? Sometimes he
    gives examples and says that those are this numbers - you might want
    to try the other numbers instead.

    > although that only works for aplay as far as I can tell.

    I love aplay on this little laptop - it's way louder than any of the
    GUI players. (:

    --
    Little Girl
    There is no spoon.

    http://littlergirl.googlepages.com/

  4. Re: Enabling 5.1 surround

    Mark South wrote:

    > Little Girl wrote:
    > > Trevor Best wrote:

    > >> Like Macbeth? D'oh!

    > > Can you tell I never read Macbeth? (:

    > You don't even need to leave your chair:

    > http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2264

    I need to rephrase:

    Can you tell I was lucky enough never to have read Macbeth? (:

    Addendum: Suffering through my teachers' interpretations of Romeo and
    Juliet was more than enough for one lifetime!

    --
    Little Girl
    There is no spoon.

    http://littlergirl.googlepages.com/

  5. Re: Enabling 5.1 surround

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:02:32 -0400
    Little Girl wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    > > Little Girl wrote:

    > > > Good! Now get to work! (:

    > > Got something out of the centre speaker today :-)

    > w00t! This means you've caught the tail of the beast!

    What a beast.

    > > using the howto on alsa's site
    > > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Pl...up_%28Howto%29

    > Have you tried some of the alternatives mentioned there? Sometimes he
    > gives examples and says that those are this numbers - you might want
    > to try the other numbers instead.
    >
    > > although that only works for aplay as far as I can tell.

    > I love aplay on this little laptop - it's way louder than any of the
    > GUI players. (:

    No, unfortunately that route only takes me down to be able to playing
    wav or au, aplay doesn't appear to support mp3 or ogg.