Kicker Problems - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Kicker Problems - Ubuntu ; Hi There! I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker. It simply doesn't show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*) However everything ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Kicker Problems

  1. Kicker Problems

    Hi There!

    I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker. It simply doesn't
    show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually
    (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*)

    However everything else but Kicker seems to run, fired up Firefox and
    Thunderbird this way, which seems to work.

    Why do I have this problem and what can I do to solve it. Do I have to
    completely reinstall KDE?

    TIA
    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Kicker Problems

    ml2mst wrote:
    > I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker.


    Where 'kicker' is the kde panel usually configured to be at the bottom
    of the desktop.

    > It simply doesn't
    > show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually
    > (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*)


    The kde panel can be configured to be hidden. See what happens if you
    bring the cursor down to the bottom of the desktop. If it appears out
    of hiding, you can configure it by R clicking on it and modifying the
    Hidden section.


    --
    Mike Easter


  3. Re: Kicker Problems

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:56:07 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    > The kde panel can be configured to be hidden. See what happens if you
    > bring the cursor down to the bottom of the desktop. If it appears out
    > of hiding, you can configure it by R clicking on it and modifying the
    > Hidden section.


    It can hide on any edge, top, bottom, left, right, not to mention
    having it rollled up left or right or up down.

    If you cannot find it, try clicking up a terminal and running
    kcontrol

  4. Re: Kicker Problems

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > ml2mst wrote:
    >> I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker.

    >
    > Where 'kicker' is the kde panel usually configured to be at the bottom
    > of the desktop.
    >
    >> It simply doesn't
    >> show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually
    >> (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*)

    >
    > The kde panel can be configured to be hidden. See what happens if you
    > bring the cursor down to the bottom of the desktop. If it appears out
    > of hiding, you can configure it by R clicking on it and modifying the
    > Hidden section.


    Sorry Mike, I'm not a n00b, worked with KDE since its 1.1 Release
    (Shipped with SuSE Linux 6.1).

    I configured Kicker, so it will automatically disappear within 3
    seconds, but shows up if I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen.

    Unfortunately it's not showing up right now :-(

    Cheers
    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  5. Re: Kicker Problems

    ml2mst wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>> I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker.

    >>
    >> Where 'kicker' is the kde panel usually configured to be at the bottom
    >> of the desktop.
    >>
    >>> It simply doesn't
    >>> show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually
    >>> (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*)

    >>
    >> The kde panel can be configured to be hidden. See what happens if you
    >> bring the cursor down to the bottom of the desktop. If it appears out
    >> of hiding, you can configure it by R clicking on it and modifying the
    >> Hidden section.

    >
    > Sorry Mike, I'm not a n00b, worked with KDE since its 1.1 Release
    > (Shipped with SuSE Linux 6.1).
    >
    > I configured Kicker, so it will automatically disappear within 3
    > seconds, but shows up if I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen.
    >
    > Unfortunately it's not showing up right now :-(



    I have a friend who purchased a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 7.04
    preinstalled. Soon after he received the computer, he brought it over to
    see if I could find his bottom panel (in GNOME). It just wasn't around
    anymore.

    He solved his problem by creating a new panel and placing it on the bottom.


    --
    John

    No Microsoft products were used in the preparation or transmission of this message.

    The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell me what I can't do. The GPL sounds like it was written by a human being, who wants me to know what I can do.

  6. Re: Kicker Problems

    ml2mst schreef:
    > Hi There!
    >
    > I'm using Kubuntu and a have a problem with kicker. It simply doesn't
    > show up after the desktop is loaded and tried running kicker manually
    > (klicked the right button on the desktop and choose *Run Command*)
    >
    > However everything else but Kicker seems to run, fired up Firefox and
    > Thunderbird this way, which seems to work.
    >
    > Why do I have this problem and what can I do to solve it. Do I have to
    > completely reinstall KDE?


    Thanks for the answers. I killed the process and started Kicker
    manually, seems to work fine ;-)

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread