Desktop right-click menu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Desktop right-click menu - Ubuntu ; IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!...

  1. Desktop right-click menu

    IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

  2. Re: Desktop right-click menu

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    > right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

    I use Feisty Fawn 7.04 and it has a "send to ..." option. What distro
    are you using?

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  3. Re: Desktop right-click menu

    Alias wrote:
    > Derek Turner wrote:
    >> IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    >> right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

    > I use Feisty Fawn 7.04 and it has a "send to ..." option. What distro
    > are you using?

    linuxMint 3.0 (Cassandra) which is based on Feisty Fawn. Guess this one
    of the features that got left out of mintMenu. Is it possible to read
    the properties of your command?

  4. Re: Desktop right-click menu

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Derek Turner wrote:
    >>> IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    >>> right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

    >> I use Feisty Fawn 7.04 and it has a "send to ..." option. What distro
    >> are you using?
    >>

    > linuxMint 3.0 (Cassandra) which is based on Feisty Fawn. Guess this one
    > of the features that got left out of mintMenu. Is it possible to read
    > the properties of your command?

    Not sure what you mean by that, sorry. I just right clicked on an image,
    chose "send to .." and a thing popped up giving me choices of where to
    send it, with Evolution being the default choice.

    --
    Alias
    To email me, remove shoes

  5. Re: Desktop right-click menu

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    > right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

    Here is a nice way:

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=nautilus+menu

  6. Re: Desktop right-click menu

    edgy wrote:
    > Derek Turner wrote:
    >> IS it possible to add a 'send to mail recipient' command to the
    >> right-click menu? It's one of the few features of XP that I miss!

    > Here is a nice way:
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=nautilus+menu

    That worked like a charm, thanks, it was the path and parameters I needed!

+ Reply to Thread