Changing my meta-release file - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Changing my meta-release file - Ubuntu ; OK I want to update to Gusty and need to change the mentioned file. I have tried in terminal try doing the sudo gedit and it just makes a new file of this name. I have even tried sudo gedit ...

  1. Changing my meta-release file

    OK I want to update to Gusty and need to change the mentioned file.

    I have tried in terminal try doing the

    sudo gedit

    and it just makes a new file of this name.

    I have even tried

    sudo gedit var/lib/update-manager/meta-release

    again that just makes a 'new' file

    How can I change this file please.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Changing my meta-release file

    Mr Nice wrote:

    > OK I want to update to Gusty and need to change the mentioned file.
    >
    > I have tried in terminal try doing the
    >
    > sudo gedit
    >
    > and it just makes a new file of this name.
    >
    > I have even tried
    >
    > sudo gedit var/lib/update-manager/meta-release
    >
    > again that just makes a 'new' file
    >
    > How can I change this file please.
    >
    > Thanks

    If such a file exists, the path to it is ...
    /var/lib/update-manager/meta-release

    Cheers

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  3. Re: Changing my meta-release file

    NoStop wrote:
    > Mr Nice wrote:
    >
    >> OK I want to update to Gusty and need to change the mentioned file.
    >>
    >> I have tried in terminal try doing the
    >>
    >> sudo gedit
    >>
    >> and it just makes a new file of this name.
    >>
    >> I have even tried
    >>
    >> sudo gedit var/lib/update-manager/meta-release
    >>
    >> again that just makes a 'new' file
    >>
    >> How can I change this file please.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > If such a file exists, the path to it is ...
    > /var/lib/update-manager/meta-release
    >
    > Cheers

    he he well spotted, you win the teddy bear for spotting tonight
    deliberate mistake

+ Reply to Thread