Mobile phone ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Mobile phone ? - Ubuntu ; I am looking to but a new mobile ...sony ericsson se w810..I have looked at the Sony site and it tells me the phone comes with a suite of tools for Windows xp...I do not have access to a Windows ...

  1. Mobile phone ?

    I am looking to but a new mobile ...sony ericsson se w810..I have looked
    at the Sony site and it tells me the phone comes with a suite of tools
    for Windows xp...I do not have access to a Windows box so can anyone tell
    me if I can upload music to this phone using Linux...I have a canon camera
    and I get the pictures off that using a card reader so I assume I can do
    the same with the w810??

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager G3TPI

  2. Re: Mobile phone ?

    twager illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > I am looking to but a new mobile ...sony ericsson se w810..I have looked
    > at the Sony site and it tells me the phone comes with a suite of tools
    > for Windows xp...I do not have access to a Windows box so can anyone tell
    > me if I can upload music to this phone using Linux...I have a canon camera
    > and I get the pictures off that using a card reader so I assume I can do
    > the same with the w810??

    I had a SE v610i (similar I think) and it recognised the phone as a
    mass storage device via the supplied USB cable.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  3. Re: Mobile phone ?

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:31:39 +0000, twager wrote:

    > I am looking to but a new mobile ...sony ericsson se w810..I have looked
    > at the Sony site and it tells me the phone comes with a suite of tools
    > for Windows xp...I do not have access to a Windows box so can anyone tell
    > me if I can upload music to this phone using Linux...I have a canon camera
    > and I get the pictures off that using a card reader so I assume I can do
    > the same with the w810??

    I use a K750i and it shows up as a single drive just showing the Memory
    stick. I also have a k800i and both the phone and the memory stick show up
    as separate drives.
    The only thing you will not be able to do using Linux is make new themes
    for it but there are stacks of sites with themes ready made and you can
    just download and put them in the appropriate folder on the stick.

    --
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread