CD Label Maker - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on CD Label Maker - Ubuntu ; Hello, Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I would like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for scanning. Thanks in advance. Scott. -- Posted via a free Usenet account ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CD Label Maker

  1. CD Label Maker

    Hello,

    Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I would
    like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for scanning.

    Thanks in advance.

    Scott.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  2. Re: CD Label Maker

    On 12 Sep 2007 01:41:45 GMT
    scott wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I
    > would like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for
    > scanning.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Scott.
    >

    Hi
    Try openoffice and the templates from
    http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/labels/

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.53-0.8-smp
    up 2 days 2:04, 3 users, load average: 0.26, 0.21, 0.18

  3. Re: CD Label Maker

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:44:09 -0500, Malcolm wrote:

    > On 12 Sep 2007 01:41:45 GMT
    > scott wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I
    >> would like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for
    >> scanning.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Scott.
    >>

    > Hi
    > Try openoffice and the templates from
    > http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/labels/
    >


    Thank you. Yes, I have the templates, but there does not seem to be a tool
    in OODraw to crop these to a circle. Am I missing something?

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  4. Re: CD Label Maker

    On 12 Sep 2007 02:13:50 GMT
    scott wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:44:09 -0500, Malcolm wrote:
    >
    > > On 12 Sep 2007 01:41:45 GMT
    > > scott wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu?
    > >> I would like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for
    > >> scanning.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    > >> Scott.
    > >>

    > > Hi
    > > Try openoffice and the templates from
    > > http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/labels/
    > >

    >
    > Thank you. Yes, I have the templates, but there does not seem to be a
    > tool in OODraw to crop these to a circle. Am I missing something?
    >

    Hi
    Use the gimp and the ellipse selection tool to copy and paste as a new
    image?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.53-0.8-smp
    up 2 days 2:56, 3 users, load average: 0.07, 0.10, 0.18

  5. Re: CD Label Maker

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:36:50 -0500, Malcolm
    wrote:

    >On 12 Sep 2007 02:13:50 GMT
    >scott wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:44:09 -0500, Malcolm wrote:
    >>
    >> > On 12 Sep 2007 01:41:45 GMT
    >> > scott wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Hello,
    >> >>
    >> >> Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu?
    >> >> I would like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for
    >> >> scanning.
    >> >>
    >> >> Thanks in advance.
    >> >>
    >> >> Scott.
    >> >>
    >> > Hi
    >> > Try openoffice and the templates from
    >> > http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/labels/
    >> >

    >>
    >> Thank you. Yes, I have the templates, but there does not seem to be a
    >> tool in OODraw to crop these to a circle. Am I missing something?
    >>

    >Hi
    >Use the gimp and the ellipse selection tool to copy and paste as a new
    >image?


    You could buy some labels for CD Stomper. They're peel off types. I think
    the software that comes with the stomper is Windoze only but you could
    probably set up the Gimp to print the labels.

  6. Re: CD Label Maker

    scott wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I would
    > like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for scanning.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Scott.
    >

    I have not tryed it but maybe gLabels will do what you want. sine

    --

    Aint no phork neither.

    unanimous

  7. Re: CD Label Maker

    scott wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone have a simple method for making CD labels with ubuntu? I would
    > like to scan, crop to a circle, and drop on a template for scanning.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Scott.
    >

    KCDlabel

+ Reply to Thread