Help ME! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Help ME! - Ubuntu ; There is a way to do a playlist of files that are in archive rar? For example I want to do a plalist of mp3 files that are archived in respective album and all archive are in a Folder called ...

  1. Help ME!

    There is a way to do a playlist of files that are in archive rar?
    For example I want to do a plalist of mp3 files that are archived in
    respective album and all archive are in a Folder called music archive.
    Amarok is fantastic but it don't read archive to discovery mp3 file into.
    Thank you for all!

    ESWA

  2. Re: Help ME!

    eswa@email.it schreef:
    > There is a way to do a playlist of files that are in archive rar?
    > For example I want to do a plalist of mp3 files that are archived in
    > respective album and all archive are in a Folder called music archive.
    > Amarok is fantastic but it don't read archive to discovery mp3 file into.
    > Thank you for all!
    >
    > ESWA

    This is not an answer on your question but are these few % compression
    you get so important?

  3. Re: Help ME!

    Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    > eswa@email.it schreef:
    >> There is a way to do a playlist of files that are in archive rar?
    >> For example I want to do a plalist of mp3 files that are archived in
    >> respective album and all archive are in a Folder called music archive.
    >> Amarok is fantastic but it don't read archive to discovery mp3 file into.
    >> Thank you for all!
    >>
    >> ESWA

    > This is not an answer on your question but are these few % compression
    > you get so important?

    I was wondering the same. Since music files (mp3 and ogg, at least) are
    already compressed, why bother shoving them into a rar?

    Personally, I have all my music in a directory structure like this:

    Artist Name
    Album Name
    song1.ogg
    song2.ogg

    Then I have the Apache module mod_musicindex installed so that I can
    have a nice web interface to all my music. IceCast will then stream my
    music collection. I can get to my entire music collection from work (or
    anywhere else where a computer is handy).

    Oh, the web interface is password protected so the Mafia^H^H^H^H RIAA
    can't **** with me.

    --
    Ogre

  4. Re: Help ME!

    eswa@email.it wrote:

    Re: Help ME!

    Win ME is not a topic in this group. Neither will you get medical or
    psychological help here, so choose your subject more carefully next time

    > There is a way to do a playlist of files that are in archive rar?
    > For example I want to do a plalist of mp3 files that are archived in
    > respective album and all archive are in a Folder called music archive.
    > Amarok is fantastic but it don't read archive to discovery mp3 file into.
    > Thank you for all!

    There is not much sense in compressing mp3 files any more, you may notice
    the rar file isn't noticeably smaller than the mp3s contained, instead it
    may even grow due to overhead. If you want to archive them, to keep them
    together, use just tar without compression - it is fast and will do what
    you want.
    Now, for dealing with archives, there should be something like a userland
    filesystem (lufs) module ....