NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question? - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:10:00 GMT MCR wrote: > You don't have a sig, perhaps he could give one to you.. I have read > this argument lots of times here, I don't think he's going to change it. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 65 of 65

  1. Re: NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question?

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:10:00 GMT
    MCR wrote:

    > You don't have a sig, perhaps he could give one to you.. I have read
    > this argument lots of times here, I don't think he's going to change it.

    He won't. It actually doesn't bother me personally. Both Claws Mail and
    TBird snip them both. It only gets up my nose when he spouts off at
    other people for nettequette types things, especially sigs.

    --
    To err is human, to moo bovine.

  2. Re: NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question?

    * MCR wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:29:56 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >

    >>> Also care to mention what newsreaders are affected? After all, you
    >>> claim that it screws the signature trimming on certain news readers

    >>> Which ones, Hadron?

    >> slrn for one.
    >>

    > Ha! Slrn isnt perfect :-D sorry SINNER, couldn't resist

    Sure it is, it follows the RFC :P~

    --
    David

  3. Re: NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question?

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:12:15 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > * MCR wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> slrn for one.
    >>>

    >> Ha! Slrn isnt perfect :-D sorry SINNER, couldn't resist

    > Sure it is, it follows the RFC :P~

    Touché :-)

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  4. Re: NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question?

    On 17 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.ubuntu, in article
    <5l80g7F6tc89U3@mid.individual.net>, Moog wrote:

    >Moe Trin illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >> That remains a problem with my wife's company, as they don't have the
    >> programmers to do what is needed. I know our tax department had a lot
    >> of problems satisfying the various agencies.

    >I'm about to test run this paeticular program. It seems to have
    >appeared fairly recently for linux. Looks promising to me,
    >especially as the old windows "stick in the muds" will be able
    >to run it.
    >http://www.accountz.com/business.html

    Minor problem - I'm in LeftPondia.

    >Fingers crossed. I'll let you know if it's any good.

    Please do.

    The main problem my wife's employer is encountering is electronic filing
    of tax data and tax returns. They have the major problem of doing
    business in multiple countries (I know of .ca, .us, .mx, .gt, .ni, and
    ..cr, but there are more than that), but each of the LeftPondian states
    and provinces (and quite a few cities and counties) have their own
    extorti^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htax laws and customized forms.

    I'm not really privy to all they're doing, but I know they are using
    windoze packages from at least three tax service companies. They are
    a retail company with stores (and worse, warehouses) in many different
    places. Even keeping up to date with tax law changes is a windoze
    based subscription service. In spite of being burned by the extra
    data that can accidentally be included in microsoft Turd files, a
    lot of taxing entities still publish their electronic publications
    in microsoft formats. Sure, OO can handle a lot of this, but the
    service providers usually wrap the documents such that you need
    to be running their (proprietary) software to even view the documents.
    Getting the documents directly from the taxing entities can be
    restricted by licensing restrictions (they contract out the exclusive
    rights to provide the electronic form to high bidder companies).

    Old guy

  5. Re: NNTP/Usenet Infrastructure / software question?

    Moe Trin illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 17 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.ubuntu, in article
    ><5l80g7F6tc89U3@mid.individual.net>, Moog wrote:
    >
    >>Moe Trin illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> That remains a problem with my wife's company, as they don't have the
    >>> programmers to do what is needed. I know our tax department had a lot
    >>> of problems satisfying the various agencies.

    >>I'm about to test run this paeticular program. It seems to have
    >>appeared fairly recently for linux. Looks promising to me,
    >>especially as the old windows "stick in the muds" will be able
    >>to run it.
    >>http://www.accountz.com/business.html

    > Minor problem - I'm in LeftPondia.

    Huge problem.

    I'll let you know if it can handle different state and federal taxes

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

+ Reply to Thread