Ubuntu and Dell I7000 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu and Dell I7000 - Ubuntu ; I have a Dell I7000 I would like to update to Ubuntu. My searches have not turned up anyone who has this configuration. Is there any problems with the I7000 and Ubuntu ?? Will it install without any hitches ? ...

  1. Ubuntu and Dell I7000

    I have a Dell I7000 I would like to update to Ubuntu.

    My searches have not turned up anyone who has this configuration.

    Is there any problems with the I7000 and Ubuntu ??

    Will it install without any hitches ?

    Thank you

    don

  2. Re: Ubuntu and Dell I7000

    Donald illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > I have a Dell I7000 I would like to update to Ubuntu.
    >
    > My searches have not turned up anyone who has this configuration.
    >
    > Is there any problems with the I7000 and Ubuntu ??
    >
    > Will it install without any hitches ?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > don

    http://www.unicom.com/chrome/a/000932.html

    Apparently.... "oh my god, it just works".

    Why don't you try the LiveCD and see for yourself? This runs directly
    from the CD and RAM and doesn't effect your hard drive. It will run
    slower than a hard drive intall (obivously). But it'as a great way to
    test your machine out.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  3. Re: Ubuntu and Dell I7000

    Moog wrote:
    > Donald illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >>I have a Dell I7000 I would like to update to Ubuntu.
    >>
    >>My searches have not turned up anyone who has this configuration.
    >>
    >>Is there any problems with the I7000 and Ubuntu ??
    >>
    >>Will it install without any hitches ?
    >>
    >>Thank you
    >>
    >>don

    > http://www.unicom.com/chrome/a/000932.html
    >
    > Apparently.... "oh my god, it just works".
    >
    > Why don't you try the LiveCD and see for yourself? This runs directly
    > from the CD and RAM and doesn't effect your hard drive. It will run
    > slower than a hard drive intall (obivously). But it'as a great way to
    > test your machine out.

    Thank you,

    I will burn a CD tonight and try it.

    don

  4. Re: Ubuntu and Dell I7000

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:47:16 -0600
    Donald wrote:

    > > Why don't you try the LiveCD and see for yourself? This runs directly
    > > from the CD and RAM and doesn't effect your hard drive. It will run
    > > slower than a hard drive intall (obivously). But it'as a great way to
    > > test your machine out.
    > >

    > Thank you,
    >
    > I will burn a CD tonight and try it.

    You can also install from that CD too.

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  5. Re: Ubuntu and Dell I7000

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:47:16 -0600
    > Donald wrote:
    >

    >>>Why don't you try the LiveCD and see for yourself? This runs directly
    >>>from the CD and RAM and doesn't effect your hard drive. It will run
    >>>slower than a hard drive intall (obivously). But it'as a great way to
    >>>test your machine out.
    >>>

    >>Thank you,
    >>
    >>I will burn a CD tonight and try it.

    > You can also install from that CD too.