Realplayer - again. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Realplayer - again. - Ubuntu ; Hi again. Although I have installed Realplayer and it works ok as a standalone player (Gutsy). It will not run as a plugin. Interestingly, it works ok on the BBC Radio channels (R4,R3 etc) but doesn't work for BBC News ...

  1. Realplayer - again.

    Hi again. Although I have installed Realplayer and it works ok as a
    standalone player (Gutsy). It will not run as a plugin. Interestingly, it
    works ok on the BBC Radio channels (R4,R3 etc) but doesn't work for BBC
    News 24. Clicking on the link opens up a new (small) Mozilla Firefox
    window whick initially shows the expected 'Real' stuff in a 'media' type
    panel. The panel then goes white, leaving the option to launch in the
    standalone player This works ok.

    The AlJazeera link :-
    http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...C7F-7F2E-4257-
    A04C-56678862E31A.htm

    Has different symptoms, it shows the 'download plugin' and 'install
    missing plugins' windows. Taking the 'click here to install missing
    plugins gives the option to install the MPlayer for Mozilla plugin.

    Can anyone assist please?
    Richard.

  2. Re: Realplayer - again.

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:05:32 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > Hi again. Although I have installed Realplayer and it works ok as a
    > standalone player (Gutsy). It will not run as a plugin. Interestingly,
    > it works ok on the BBC Radio channels (R4,R3 etc) but doesn't work for
    > BBC News 24. Clicking on the link opens up a new (small) Mozilla Firefox
    > window whick initially shows the expected 'Real' stuff in a 'media' type
    > panel. The panel then goes white, leaving the option to launch in the
    > standalone player This works ok.
    >
    > The AlJazeera link :-
    > http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...C7F-7F2E-4257-
    > A04C-56678862E31A.htm
    >
    > Has different symptoms, it shows the 'download plugin' and 'install
    > missing plugins' windows. Taking the 'click here to install missing
    > plugins gives the option to install the MPlayer for Mozilla plugin.
    >
    > Can anyone assist please?
    > Richard.

    I would like to see an answer to this as well.
    I just gave up and used the windows codec instead with totem. Jumps a bit
    but at least it plays at all.

+ Reply to Thread