I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu - Ubuntu ; Hi Everyone, I am a newbie to Ubuntu and having had the disc sent to me I have installed it on a P3 with 256Mb Ram. I do not seem to have any sound. I can not find any drivers ...

  1. I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu

    Hi Everyone,

    I am a newbie to Ubuntu and having had the disc sent to me I have installed
    it on a P3 with 256Mb Ram.

    I do not seem to have any sound.

    I can not find any drivers etc for my HP PSC1350 All In One printer.

    Could someone please offer some help ?

    --
    the_constructor

    Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

    http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

  2. Re: I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu

    > I can not find any drivers etc for my HP PSC1350 All In One printer.
    >
    > Could someone please offer some help ?

    i have a psc1310... you could probably use this...
    http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

  3. Re: I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu

    "FinGerS" wrote in message
    newsB8Fi.146450$fJ5.143288@pd7urf1no...

    >> I can not find any drivers etc for my HP PSC1350 All In One printer.
    >>
    >> Could someone please offer some help ?

    > i have a psc1310... you could probably use this...
    > http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

    I thank you for that.
    ubuntu wouldn't let me in this morning when I started up pc, i thought I had
    put password in but obviously I didn't so I reinstalled ubuntu. Then a
    ballon came up on screen and said that there were updates so I let it
    download them all, 154, then carried on. I noticwed when I was shutting pc
    down that it mentioned HP printers so I connected printer and the scan
    section worked straightaway. I then installed printwer under 1310 and that
    too works. I have also got the sound working, so for now I am happy. Just
    got to get used to using it and trying to forget windoze....
    --
    the_constructor

    Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

    http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

  4. Re: I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu

    the_constructor pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
    9/10/2007 11:52 AM:

    > "FinGerS" wrote in message
    > newsB8Fi.146450$fJ5.143288@pd7urf1no...

    >>> I can not find any drivers etc for my HP PSC1350 All In One printer.
    >>>
    >>> Could someone please offer some help ?

    >> i have a psc1310... you could probably use this...
    >> http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

    > I thank you for that.
    > ubuntu wouldn't let me in this morning when I started up pc, i thought I had
    > put password in but obviously I didn't so I reinstalled ubuntu. Then a
    > ballon came up on screen and said that there were updates so I let it
    > download them all, 154, then carried on. I noticwed when I was shutting pc
    > down that it mentioned HP printers so I connected printer and the scan
    > section worked straightaway. I then installed printwer under 1310 and that
    > too works. I have also got the sound working, so for now I am happy. Just
    > got to get used to using it and trying to forget windoze....

    How did you get the sound working?

  5. Re: I Am A Newbie To Ubuntu

    "CPDR" wrote in message
    > the_constructor pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
    > 9/10/2007 11:52 AM:
    >
    >> "FinGerS" wrote in message
    >> newsB8Fi.146450$fJ5.143288@pd7urf1no...

    >>> i have a psc1310... you could probably use this...
    >>> http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

    >> I thank you for that.
    >> ubuntu wouldn't let me in this morning when I started up pc, i thought I
    >> had put password in but obviously I didn't so I reinstalled ubuntu. Then
    >> a ballon came up on screen and said that there were updates so I let it
    >> download them all, 154, then carried on. I noticwed when I was shutting
    >> pc down that it mentioned HP printers so I connected printer and the scan
    >> section worked straightaway. I then installed printwer under 1310 and
    >> that too works. I have also got the sound working, so for now I am happy.
    >> Just got to get used to using it and trying to forget windoze....

    > How did you get the sound working?

    Well it did help when I put the right plug for the speakers in the right
    socket on the motherboard.

    I have been used to putting the plug in the socket nearest the serial port
    but must have got confused
    when I found it was a soundcard on this computer that I had given me.

    Can't win them all.....
    --
    the_constructor

    Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

    http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

+ Reply to Thread