Can I access the files of one distro from another? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Can I access the files of one distro from another? - Ubuntu ; I apologize if this has been answered before. If I install PCLOS in a new partition on the same HD that has Xubuntu on it, will I be able to get to the files on the Xubuntu partition from the ...

  1. Can I access the files of one distro from another?

    I apologize if this has been answered before.

    If I install PCLOS in a new partition on the same HD that has Xubuntu on
    it, will I be able to get to the files on the Xubuntu partition from the
    PCLOS one?

    If so, how is that done?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Can I access the files of one distro from another?

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:27:13 GMT, CPDR wrote:
    > I apologize if this has been answered before.
    >
    > If I install PCLOS in a new partition on the same HD that has Xubuntu on
    > it, will I be able to get to the files on the Xubuntu partition from the
    > PCLOS one?
    >
    > If so, how is that done?

    click up a terminal

    man mkdir
    man mount
    man umount
    man fstab

    su - root

    mkdir /xubuntu
    mount -t auto /dev/XdYZ /xubuntu (u solve for X & Y &Z )
    ls /xubuntu

    when done, umount /xubuntu

    or use the gui to select the Xubuntu to create the mount point and
    put it in /etc/fstab, and mount it.

  3. Re: Can I access the files of one distro from another?

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:27:13 +0000, CPDR wrote:

    > I apologize if this has been answered before.
    >
    > If I install PCLOS in a new partition on the same HD that has Xubuntu on
    > it, will I be able to get to the files on the Xubuntu partition from the
    > PCLOS one?
    >
    > If so, how is that done?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes.