synaptic package manager does not mark installed prgrams as installed - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on synaptic package manager does not mark installed prgrams as installed - Ubuntu ; hello, Some weeks ago i run repair on ubuntu 6061 lts. I had to add the software stores for apt-get / synaptic package manager. the sources.list was entirely empty. Now i notice that programs added with synaptic and apt-get are ...

  1. synaptic package manager does not mark installed prgrams as installed

    hello,

    Some weeks ago i run repair on ubuntu 6061 lts.
    I had to add the software stores for apt-get / synaptic package manager.
    the sources.list was entirely empty.
    Now i notice that programs added with synaptic and apt-get are not seen
    as "installed" by synaptic?
    What now? Don't I get updates anymore on these programs?
    I like firefox and thunderbird updated, for example ...

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 just installed ..."

  2. Re: synaptic package manager does not mark installed prgrams as installed

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:29:48 +0200, xubunt6 wrote:

    > Now i notice that programs added with synaptic and apt-get are not seen
    > as "installed" by synaptic?
    > What now? Don't I get updates anymore on these programs?
    > I like firefox and thunderbird updated, for example ...

    Maybe you should stick to one tool - aptitude would be a good
    compromise. Apt-get with a curses GUI!

    --
    Chris Game

    A core dump is your computer's way of saying "Here's what's on my
    mind, what's on yours?"

+ Reply to Thread