    wondering if you guys and gals are using something different.

    Thanks, Norm

  2. Re: command line audio

    On 2007-09-09, Norman Peelman wrote:
    > Just wondering, what's the going choice for command line audio. I'm
    > looking for a small app that will play whatever codecs I have. Typical
    > use will be for playing sounds (clicking links to .wav, .mp3, etc) while
    > browsing the internet. Current setup is using mplayer/totem. Just
    > wondering if you guys and gals are using something different.
    >
    > Thanks, Norm

    mp3blaster? I am not sure if it plays all the codecs you have, but it
    is worth a look.

  3. Re: command line audio

    Chris wrote:
    > On 2007-09-09, Norman Peelman wrote:
    >> Just wondering, what's the going choice for command line audio. I'm
    >> looking for a small app that will play whatever codecs I have. Typical
    >> use will be for playing sounds (clicking links to .wav, .mp3, etc) while
    >> browsing the internet. Current setup is using mplayer/totem. Just
    >> wondering if you guys and gals are using something different.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Norm

    > mp3blaster? I am not sure if it plays all the codecs you have, but it
    > is worth a look.

    Hey,
    Thanks, i'll take a look. Testing mplayer right now...

    Norm

  4. Re: command line audio

    Norman Peelman wrote:
    > Just wondering, what's the going choice for command line audio.

    cplay

    --Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: command line audio

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 08:23:19 -0400, Norman Peelman wrote:

    > Just wondering, what's the going choice for command line audio.

    I use sox (play, rec).

    http://sox.sourceforge.net

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread