Pan and scoring rules - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Pan and scoring rules - Ubuntu ; If I want to ignore an author across all usenet groups I don't see such an option in Pan's scoring rules. Am I supposed to choose if the group *doesn't* contain "alt.sample.group" and then create another rule for just that ...

  1. Pan and scoring rules

    If I want to ignore an author across all usenet groups I don't see such an
    option in Pan's scoring rules. Am I supposed to choose if the group
    *doesn't* contain "alt.sample.group" and then create another rule for just
    that group? Why isn't there a scoring rule to apply to all usenet groups?
    There are some spammers I want to ignore in all groups and not just the
    one I am reading at the time. I don't want to have to create a new scoring
    rule for each group I read. I must be missing something because all other
    news readers with kill filters gives the option to apply it to all groups
    and not just the group you are reading at the time.

  2. Re: Pan and scoring rules

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:25:37 +0000, Juarez wrote:

    > If I want to ignore an author across all usenet groups I don't see such an
    > option in Pan's scoring rules. Am I supposed to choose if the group
    > *doesn't* contain "alt.sample.group" and then create another rule for just
    > that group? Why isn't there a scoring rule to apply to all usenet groups?
    > There are some spammers I want to ignore in all groups and not just the
    > one I am reading at the time. I don't want to have to create a new scoring
    > rule for each group I read. I must be missing something because all other
    > news readers with kill filters gives the option to apply it to all groups
    > and not just the group you are reading at the time.

    Articles > Create Score gives you a number of options with regard to
    newsgroup at the top of the pane in old Pan-- it doesn't say specifically
    "all", but I imagine "contains" or "regex" and either an asterisk in the
    box or an empty box would do it (at worst, you could select "does not
    contain" and enter "kooks" in the box, which might add some extra
    satisfaction to it all).

    --

    Kill. Kill! KILL!

    < comp.os.linux.misc

    http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

  3. Re: Pan and scoring rules

    * Juarez wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > If I want to ignore an author across all usenet groups I don't see such an
    > option in Pan's scoring rules. Am I supposed to choose if the group
    > *doesn't* contain "alt.sample.group" and then create another rule for just
    > that group? Why isn't there a scoring rule to apply to all usenet groups?
    > There are some spammers I want to ignore in all groups and not just the
    > one I am reading at the time. I don't want to have to create a new scoring
    > rule for each group I read. I must be missing something because all other
    > news readers with kill filters gives the option to apply it to all groups
    > and not just the group you are reading at the time.

    In the Score file which is typically in ~/News/Score

    add the following to the top of the file:
    [*]
    Score: =-9999
    From: name.of.offender

    --
    David
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org/

    You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.

  4. Re: Pan and scoring rules

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:54:05 -0400, mimus wrote:

    > Articles > Create Score gives you a number of options with regard to
    > newsgroup at the top of the pane in old Pan-- it doesn't say specifically
    > "all", but I imagine "contains" or "regex" and either an asterisk in the
    > box or an empty box would do it (at worst, you could select "does not
    > contain" and enter "kooks" in the box, which might add some extra
    > satisfaction to it all).

    I tried the asterisk and that seems to work, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread