Cross platform sticky notes - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Cross platform sticky notes - Ubuntu ; I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html , and the download link is dead. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Cross platform sticky notes

  1. Cross platform sticky notes

    I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    programs you know about?

  2. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Fran wrote:

    > I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    > Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    > found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    > the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    > programs you know about?


    3M make ones that you can stick onto the monitor whatever OS you're
    running . . . sorry, couldn't resist it :-)

    --
    Steveski (Cenosilicaphobiac)

  3. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:43:26 +0200, Fran wrote:

    > I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    > Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    > found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    > the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    > programs you know about?


    Create a FAT32 partition that you can then access from both Linux and
    windows. Can stick any file you want in there. =)

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    君のこと思い出す日なんてないのは
    君のこと忘れたときがないから

  4. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Stephan Rose wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:43:26 +0200, Fran wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    >> Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    >> found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    >> the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    >> programs you know about?

    >
    > Create a FAT32 partition that you can then access from both Linux and
    > windows. Can stick any file you want in there. =)
    >

    I know, I'm already sharing mail and bookmarks, but I want desktop
    sticky notes, not a text file on a fat32 partition

  5. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Fran schreef:
    > I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    > Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    > found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    > the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    > programs you know about?


    As these are relatively simple programs there's a good chance on e or
    the other runs under wine.

    No need for a shared FAT partition, Linux can read and write to NTFS and
    you can read and write from Windows to ext3.

  6. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Fran wrote:
    > I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    > Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    > found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    > the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    > programs you know about?


    A google search on noteit.zip turned up:
    http://www.download25.com/install/note-it.html
    Dave Cohen

  7. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Fran wrote:
    >> I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    >> Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    >> found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    >> the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    >> programs you know about?

    >
    > A google search on noteit.zip turned up:
    > http://www.download25.com/install/note-it.html
    > Dave Cohen


    That is Veign Note-It, another program with the same name.

  8. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:53:42 +0200, Fran wrote:

    > Dave Cohen wrote:
    >
    >> Fran wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am trying to find a sticky notes program that works on Windows and
    >>> Linux, so I could share notes between the two OSs, but the only one I
    >>> found was Note-It http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/noteit/index.html, and
    >>> the download link is dead. Are there any cross platform desktop notes
    >>> programs you know about?

    >>
    >> A google search on noteit.zip turned up:
    >> http://www.download25.com/install/note-it.html Dave Cohen

    >
    > That is Veign Note-It, another program with the same name.


    http://linuxappfinder.com/package/snotes

    is QT-based and therefore maybe--maybe--workable on both . . . .

    --

    When a system is set up to accomplish some goal, a
    new entity has come into being--the system itself.
    No matter what the "goal" of the system, it
    immediately begins to exhibit system behavior; that
    is, to act according to the general laws that govern
    the operation of all systems. Now the system itself
    has to be dealt with.

    < _Systemantics_



  9. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:

    >
    > No need for a shared FAT partition, Linux can read and write to NTFS and
    > you can read and write from Windows to ext3.

    You can? Please tell me more as my XP home doesn't even 'see' my ext3
    partitions.

  10. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    Derek Turner wrote:

    > Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> No need for a shared FAT partition, Linux can read and write to NTFS and
    >> you can read and write from Windows to ext3.

    > You can? Please tell me more as my XP home doesn't even 'see' my ext3
    > partitions.


    You'll need to install a driver in Windoze to access ext2 file systems.
    Something like this ...

    http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz






  11. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    NoStop schreef:
    > Derek Turner wrote:
    >
    >> Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    >>
    >>> No need for a shared FAT partition, Linux can read and write to NTFS and
    >>> you can read and write from Windows to ext3.

    >> You can? Please tell me more as my XP home doesn't even 'see' my ext3
    >> partitions.

    >
    > You'll need to install a driver in Windoze to access ext2 file systems.
    > Something like this ...
    >
    > http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html


    Indeed that's what I'm using.
    It is a bit problematic when trying to install it in Vista but it can be
    done, you have to right-click on the installer .exe and tell it to
    install under a faked XP environment.
    Around March (?) the author said he was trying to make a workaround for
    the Vista incompatibilities but the solution is apparently still in the
    works.

    >
    > Cheers.
    >


  12. Re: Cross platform sticky notes

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:43:26 +0200, Fran wrote:
    > Are there any cross platform desktop notes programs you know about?


    If you can't find anything else, try TiddlyWiki:
    http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

    --
    Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project number #10548

    The "mypacks.net" address from which this message was sent is
    legitimate and not spam-trapped. It is, however, disposable.

+ Reply to Thread