vmnet errors - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on vmnet errors - Ubuntu ; I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN= OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152 and similar being logged every few seconds. (I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. vmnet errors

    I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this

    Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00
    TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152

    and similar being logged every few seconds. (I changed the ip
    addresses).

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:06:42 +0200
    Hadron wrote:

    > I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this
    >
    > Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    > OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00
    > PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152
    >
    > and similar being logged every few seconds. (I changed the ip
    > addresses).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    CUPS broadcast packets

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)

  3. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:06:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this
    >
    > Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    > OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00
    > TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152
    >
    > and similar being logged every few seconds. (I changed the ip
    > addresses).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Well, source port 631 is sending to destiton port 631, so doing a
    grep 631 /etc/services
    would suggest your print subsystem is broadcasting the printer sever
    is ready for input.

    I'll have to guess on the broadcast because you did not show the last
    number in the destination address.

  4. Re: vmnet errors

    Malcolm writes:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:06:42 +0200
    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this
    >>
    >> Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    >> OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00
    >> PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152
    >>
    >> and similar being logged every few seconds. (I changed the ip
    >> addresses).
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > CUPS broadcast packets

    Great. Why are they ending up as errors in my /var/log/messages and how
    do I get rid of them?

    (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).

  5. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:46:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Great. Why are they ending up as errors in my /var/log/messages and how
    > do I get rid of them?
    >
    > (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).

    Crap. you mask your ip address in usenet thinking security through obscurity
    makes you safer, and yet you disable the firewall which was complaining
    you were broadcasting your ip address and that you have a serice open
    to the world.

    Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.

  6. Re: vmnet errors

    Bit Twister writes:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:46:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Great. Why are they ending up as errors in my /var/log/messages and how
    >> do I get rid of them?
    >>
    >> (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).

    > Crap. you mask your ip address in usenet thinking security through obscurity
    > makes you safer, and yet you disable the firewall which was complaining
    > you were broadcasting your ip address and that you have a serice open
    > to the world.

    I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain. I rarely use VMWare so
    rather than have messages every few seconds logging to /var/log/messages
    it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages are now gone.

    I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a router
    too. Or?

    > Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    > there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..

    > If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    > /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.

    I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    /var/log/messages.

    --
    Klatu barada nikto.

  7. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200
    Hadron wrote:

    > Bit Twister writes:
    >
    > > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:46:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Great. Why are they ending up as errors in my /var/log/messages
    > >> and how do I get rid of them?
    > >>
    > >> (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).

    > > Crap. you mask your ip address in usenet thinking security through
    > > obscurity makes you safer, and yet you disable the firewall which
    > > was complaining you were broadcasting your ip address and that you
    > > have a serice open to the world.

    > I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain. I rarely use VMWare so
    > rather than have messages every few seconds logging
    > to /var/log/messages it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages
    > are now gone.
    >
    > I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?
    >
    > As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a router
    > too. Or?
    >

    > > Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    > > there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    > What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..
    >

    > > If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    > > /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.
    > >

    > I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    > /var/log/messages.

    Hi
    Do you need the CUPS service running on the vmware machine? if not
    disable it.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)

  8. Re: vmnet errors

    Malcolm writes:

    > Hi
    > Do you need the CUPS service running on the vmware machine? if not
    > disable it.

    How? I am not running any CUPS server on a VM machine. I am not even
    running a VM machine. Just VMWare being installed causes this.

  9. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    > Bit Twister writes:
    >
    > I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain.
    > I rarely use VMWare so
    > rather than have messages every few seconds logging to /var/log/messages
    > it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages are now gone.

    You told us you (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).
    There went the firewall if that stopped the error messages.

    > I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    > OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00

    Then what do you call what you did to the above.

    > As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a router too.

    And since you masked out the ip addresses, how were we to know that.

    If behind a router, then there is no reason for you to hide ip address.

    If you want to play safer, you should number your LAN 192.168.x.x
    The 192.168.x.x range is for private use and are automatically dropped
    by your ISP'S gateway.

    >> Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    >> there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    > What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..

    It been too long since I looked into it, Guessing it was
    Publish/Unpublish printer.

    >> If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    >> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.

    > I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    > /var/log/messages.

    Hmmm, VMware,... I wonder if there is another print server running.

  10. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:49:03 +0200
    Hadron wrote:

    > Malcolm writes:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Do you need the CUPS service running on the vmware machine? if not
    > > disable it.

    > How? I am not running any CUPS server on a VM machine. I am not even
    > running a VM machine. Just VMWare being installed causes this.

    Hi
    So CUPS is running on the host machine? Is the source port the host
    machine? I'm assuming the last octet of the destination is 255.
    Do you have ethereal or wireshark installed, if so do a capture and see
    where/what it is.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)

  11. Re: vmnet errors

    Bit Twister writes:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >> Bit Twister writes:
    >>
    >> I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain.
    >> I rarely use VMWare so
    >> rather than have messages every few seconds logging to /var/log/messages
    >> it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages are now gone.

    > You told us you (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).
    > There went the firewall if that stopped the error messages.

    Possibly I am confused by your nomenclature here. You call VMWare a
    firewall?

    >> I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    >> OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00

    > Then what do you call what you did to the above.

    Oh, ok. Point taken. But that wasn't my routers IP address either.

    >> As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a router too.

    > And since you masked out the ip addresses, how were we to know that.

    To be honest I didn't see it would make any difference : the port
    addresses are clearly marked in the error message which you
    snipped. Please, if I am wrong, explain what you mean.

    > If behind a router, then there is no reason for you to hide ip address.
    >
    > If you want to play safer, you should number your LAN 192.168.x.x
    > The 192.168.x.x range is for private use and are automatically dropped
    > by your ISP'S gateway.

    My local IP is 192.168....

    >>> Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    >>> there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    >> What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..

    > It been too long since I looked into it, Guessing it was
    > Publish/Unpublish printer.
    >

    >>> If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    >>> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.

    >> I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    >> /var/log/messages.

    > Hmmm, VMware,... I wonder if there is another print server running.

    I really don't know or understand what or how VMWare does its stuff. Any
    info gratefully received.

    --
    When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.
    -- The Wall Street Journal

  12. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:11:27 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >> Bit Twister wrote:

    > Possibly I am confused by your nomenclature here. You call VMWare a
    > firewall?

    Not hardly. As I misunderstand it, VMWare is a linux operating system
    which has netfilter. Your message appeare to be from the netfilter
    (firewall) module.

    > I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?
    >>
    >>> OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00

    >> Then what do you call what you did to the above.

    > Oh, ok. Point taken. But that wasn't my routers IP address either.

    I never said it was. Since you masked out the ip address no other
    debugging can be done from this end of the pipe.

    > To be honest I didn't see it would make any difference

    Yes, you need to take a few minutes to read

    It is like you are wanting us to fix your car's rough ideling, but only allow
    access through the tail pipe.

    > the port addresses are clearly marked in the error message which you
    > snipped. Please, if I am wrong, explain what you mean. My local IP
    > is 192.168....

    Well there you go. You are mucking around on 192.168.... for a problem
    which is comming from SRC=17*.1*.7*.*

  13. Re: vmnet errors

    Hadron wrote:

    > Bit Twister writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>> Bit Twister writes:
    >>>
    >>> I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain.
    >>> I rarely use VMWare so
    >>> rather than have messages every few seconds logging to /var/log/messages
    >>> it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages are now gone.

    >> You told us you (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).
    >> There went the firewall if that stopped the error messages.

    > Possibly I am confused by your nomenclature here. You call VMWare a
    > firewall?
    >

    >>> I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    >>> OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00

    >> Then what do you call what you did to the above.

    > Oh, ok. Point taken. But that wasn't my routers IP address either.
    >

    >>> As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a router
    >>> too.

    >> And since you masked out the ip addresses, how were we to know that.

    > To be honest I didn't see it would make any difference : the port
    > addresses are clearly marked in the error message which you
    > snipped. Please, if I am wrong, explain what you mean.
    >

    >> If behind a router, then there is no reason for you to hide ip address.
    >>
    >> If you want to play safer, you should number your LAN 192.168.x.x
    >> The 192.168.x.x range is for private use and are automatically dropped
    >> by your ISP'S gateway.

    > My local IP is 192.168....

    >>> What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..

    >> It been too long since I looked into it, Guessing it was
    >> Publish/Unpublish printer.

    >>> I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    >>> /var/log/messages.

    >> Hmmm, VMware,... I wonder if there is another print server running.

    > I really don't know or understand what or how VMWare does its stuff. Any
    > info gratefully received.

    Have your VM use NAT.

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  14. Re: vmnet errors

    Hadron wrote:

    > I just happened to check out my /var/log/messages and find this
    >
    > Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    > OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00
    > TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152
    >
    > and similar being logged every few seconds. (I changed the ip
    > addresses).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    OK, after reading through the existing thread, I see that you aren't yet
    running a VM, just have the player or server installed.

    I don't know if this will do it for you, but worth a try as it won't do any
    harm.

    Do ... ifconfig and see whether vmnet1 and vmnet8 are set to multicast. If
    you get "UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST" for those interfaces, then it is.

    Turn off multicast ...

    sudo ifconfig vmnet1 -multicast
    sudo ifconfig vmnet8 -multicast

    Does this fix the prob?

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  15. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:59:30 GMT
    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    > > Bit Twister writes:
    > >
    > > I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain.
    > > I rarely use VMWare so
    > > rather than have messages every few seconds logging to
    > > /var/log/messages it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages
    > > are now gone.

    > You told us you (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).
    > There went the firewall if that stopped the error messages.

    VMWare is not a firewall...

    > > I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    > > OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00

    > Then what do you call what you did to the above.
    >

    > > As for open to the world, I don't think so since I am behind a
    > > router too.

    > And since you masked out the ip addresses, how were we to know that.
    >
    > If behind a router, then there is no reason for you to hide ip
    > address.
    >
    > If you want to play safer, you should number your LAN 192.168.x.x
    > The 192.168.x.x range is for private use and are automatically dropped
    > by your ISP'S gateway.

    172.17.x.x is also a private subnet range, non-routable. As is
    10.x.x.x.

    > >> Have you bothered to look around in http://localhost:631 to see if
    > >> there is a option to stop telling everone about the server.

    > > What option are you thinking of? I can't see anything..

    > It been too long since I looked into it, Guessing it was
    > Publish/Unpublish printer.
    >

    > >> If not, maybe you can comment out "BrowseAddress @LOCAL" in
    > >> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and see if that helps.

    > > I tried that. Reinstalled VMWare and get the same error messages in
    > > /var/log/messages.

    > Hmmm, VMware,... I wonder if there is another print server running.

    Not if there isn't a virtual machine installed. VMWare server is simply
    an application.

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

    time..."
    - Danny, American History X

  16. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:33:23 -0400, Joe LaVigne wrote:

    > 172.17.x.x is also a private subnet range, non-routable. As is
    > 10.x.x.x.

    True, but the OP did not publish 172.17.x.x and I have seen 10.x.x.x. used
    by one or two ISPs to control their customer's modems. :-P

  17. Re: vmnet errors

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:41:16 GMT
    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:33:23 -0400, Joe LaVigne wrote:
    > >
    > > 172.17.x.x is also a private subnet range, non-routable. As is
    > > 10.x.x.x.

    > True, but the OP did not publish 172.17.x.x and I have seen 10.x.x.x.
    > used by one or two ISPs to control their customer's modems. :-P

    He published 17x.1x.x.x, which is not a guarantee, but it is likely that
    it is one of the IP's that the VMNET adapters is using, since they
    usually do...

    10.x.x.x is often used for DSL and Cable modems, but you can use the
    same scheme on the local LAN. It is a class A, so there's a huge range.
    And you can even use the same address, since you are likely using a
    router between the cable modem and the local LAN, and 10. is not
    routable...

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

    time..."
    - Danny, American History X

  18. Re: vmnet errors

    Joe LaVigne writes:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:59:30 GMT
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:27:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >> > Bit Twister writes:
    >> >
    >> > I didn't disable any firewall. Please explain.
    >> > I rarely use VMWare so
    >> > rather than have messages every few seconds logging to
    >> > /var/log/messages it seems ok just to remove VMWare. The messages
    >> > are now gone.

    >> You told us you (I got rid of them by removing VMWare for now).
    >> There went the firewall if that stopped the error messages.

    > VMWare is not a firewall...

    Joe, read the other parts of the thread. Bittwister has less of a clue
    than I do.

  19. Re: vmnet errors

    Bit Twister writes:

    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:11:27 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>> Bit Twister wrote:

    >> Possibly I am confused by your nomenclature here. You call VMWare a
    >> firewall?

    > Not hardly. As I misunderstand it, VMWare is a linux operating system
    > which has netfilter. Your message appeare to be from the netfilter
    > (firewall) module.

    So you don't know what you are talking about. Ok. That cleared that one
    up.

    >> I also don't mask any IP address in usenet. What do you mean?

    >>> Then what do you call what you did to the above.

    >> Oh, ok. Point taken. But that wasn't my routers IP address either.

    > I never said it was. Since you masked out the ip address no other
    > debugging can be done from this end of the pipe.

    What on EARTH do you mean? Do you really think I would let you poke a
    round in my machine?!?!?!?

    >> To be honest I didn't see it would make any difference

    > Yes, you need to take a few minutes to read
    >
    > It is like you are wanting us to fix your car's rough ideling, but only allow
    > access through the tail pipe.
    >

    >> the port addresses are clearly marked in the error message which you
    >> snipped. Please, if I am wrong, explain what you mean. My local IP
    >> is 192.168....

    > Well there you go. You are mucking around on 192.168.... for a problem
    > which is comming from SRC=17*.1*.7*.*

    WTF? What "mucking" around? I have an error message on my local
    machine. I have one machine. As is usual with most machines behind
    a router it has a 192.168. IP form address.

    I dont think you have a clue what you are talking about. You started out
    as abrasive as be damned with all sorts of accusations. I had my
    suspicions then.

    --
    Your lover will never wish to leave you.

  20. Re: vmnet errors

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:02:49 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    > Bit Twister writes:
    >>
    >> I never said it was. Since you masked out the ip address no other
    >> debugging can be done from this end of the pipe.

    > What on EARTH do you mean?

    Without knowing which machines have which ip addresses we cannot point
    out which machine is causing your problem.

    > Do you really think I would let you poke around in my machine?!?!?!?

    Well if knowing your machine ip address lets me poke around on the machine,
    you have one damn insecure system and need to remove it from the
    internet because it is a danger to the rest of the internet.

    >> You are mucking around on 192.168.... for a problem
    >> which is comming from SRC=17*.1*.7*.*

    > WTF? What "mucking" around?

    You have tried making my suggested changes in 192.168.x.x's process/services
    when the log message source indicates the process message is comming
    from 17*.1*.7*.*

    That is why you should be working on the problem in 17*.1*.7*.*'s serices
    not 192.168.x.x

    Up to the last few posts, you failed to provide which machines have
    what addresses so I made the assumption 17*.1*.7*.* was your ip address.

    Most newbie posters masking ip address do not want anyone knowing the
    WAN/internet ip address of their node. I just assumed you must be one of
    thoses thinking that keeps you safe and we were talking about one
    system connected directly to your ISP.

    > I have an error message on my local machine.

    Big Freaking Deal, it does not mean the problem is on your machine,
    the network packet can come from outside your machine.

    > I have one machine. As is usual with most machines behind
    > a router it has a 192.168. IP form address.

    Until you provided the information, how in the HELL were WE supposed
    to KNOW you were behind a router.

    > I dont think you have a clue what you are talking about.

    Up to the last few replies, you managed to hide the basic clues.

    Now that you have called me abusive and clueless, I see you have:
    1. failed to read, or not understand,

    2. fallen into the category indicated in the first paragraph of
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#not_losing

    So, let us see if I can put forth some basic information and let
    someone else go from here.

    Hardware setup:

    NOTE: All information in boxes may or may not be correct.
    They are to be used as reference only.

    .------ router ------. localhost
    Internet<--->| WAN 63.208.196.104 | .-------------------------------.
    | LAN 192.168.1.1 |<----->| 192.168.1.2 fsf.homelinux.net |
    `--------------------' `-------------------------------'

    This machine (192.168.1.2) has this entry:

    Sep 7 14:00:08 localhost kernel: [20264.187749] Unknown OutputIN=
    OUT=vmnet8 SRC=17*.1*.7*.* DST=17*.1*.7*.25* LEN=172 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00
    TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=631 DPT=631 LEN=152

    Looking at DST=17*.1*.7*.25* we can only ASSuME that 25* is really
    17*.1*.7*.255 then that would make the packet a broadcast at
    destination port target (DPT) of 631.

    Looking in /etc/services using the DPT value we can ASSuME it is a broadcast
    to a print deamon/serivce.

    Since the source port (SPT=631) is the same service port found in
    /etc/services, we can ASSuMe it is a print server on the source IP
    (SRC=17*.1*.7*.*) machine.

    All YOU need to do is tell the process using output port 631 with ip
    17*.1*.7*.*, to quit broadcasting messages.

    PS:
    Since you find me abusive and clueless, feel free to place me in your
    kill file with a score of -9999.
    I will ASSUME my posts will no longer bother you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast