Help - Ubuntu server on Raid Silicon image 3114 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Help - Ubuntu server on Raid Silicon image 3114 - Ubuntu ; Hi! I hope someone could help me... I have HP ML 110 with integrated raid controler and additional PCI controler Silicon image 3114 but I encounter the same problem on both when try to install UBUNTU SERVER 7.04. It does ...

  1. Help - Ubuntu server on Raid Silicon image 3114

    Hi!

    I hope someone could help me... I have HP ML 110 with integrated raid
    controler and additional PCI controler Silicon image 3114 but I encounter
    the same problem on both when try to install UBUNTU SERVER 7.04.

    It does not see the "virtual" raid volume that I create in raid utility
    after BIOS. It see two drives like they are not in raid 1.

    Whan can be done here?

    I do have a bigger HP ML 150 with adaptec raid controler and there UBUNTU
    installed without problems.

    Is it possible that some controlers are not supported?

    Luka

  2. Re: Help - Ubuntu server on Raid Silicon image 3114

    Hello.

    I am having the same problem with this card and Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS.

    I have 3 drives in RAID 5 in the Silicon Image utility after the BIOS, and "fdisk -l" in Ubuntu only shows the seperate drives.

    Everything I read says that this card has ubuntu drivers loaded automatically. Doesn't look like it supports the RAID part of it though.

    Don't really want to have to switch back to Windows Server 2003, but if no sufficient driver support exists, I guess thats what I'll do.

    If anyone has figured out anything on this, please let me know.

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread