Good replacement for firefox? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Good replacement for firefox? - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 01:26:46 -0500, Stephan Rose wrote: > *shrug* Even if so, Opera is the only application that has the > problem and that still wouldn't cure Opera's inability to show my > school's classroom correctly. =) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 01:26:46 -0500, Stephan Rose wrote:

    > *shrug* Even if so, Opera is the only application that has the
    > problem and that still wouldn't cure Opera's inability to show my
    > school's classroom correctly. =)

    Maybe they should check the validity using the W3c tools...

    --
    Chris Game

    "If everyone with a question just went away and looked it up
    we'd never learn anything." -- Carlie Hulme

  2. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Stephan Rose illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >>> <.....>
    >>> Why not try it in a test Virtual Machine mate.

    >> That's a potential possibility, that would at least allow me to switch
    >> back to adobe flash quickly if things didn't work right.

    > Quite. You can even protect the VM by snapshotting, then rolling back
    > if things go Pete Tong.

    True, that is one of the nice things about VM's. =)

    >> On that note, ever since I've started looking for alternatives, Firefox
    >> stopped misbehaving out of the clear blue sky...

    > Hah. It's like a little child mate. Does enough to put you on
    > the edge of a nervous breakdown and then turns into an Angelic
    > superstar just before that final push over the edge. ;-)

    Seems so!

    >>> Everyone needs a test virtual machine IMHO. I have a version of gutsy
    >>> and a "mimic" of my hard drive install. This has saved me from many
    >>> potential headaches in the past. Snapshotting is great. ;-)

    >> Usually my "virtual machine" is my laptop. I just realized I could try it
    >> on that. =)

    > Hmmm. No snapshotting that way though mate.

    True but hey, it takes less than an hour to install Ubuntu on that thing.
    That's snapshot enough for me. =)

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    君のこと思い出す日なんてないのは
    君のこと忘れたときがないから

  3. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    Stephan Rose illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > <....>
    > True but hey, it takes less than an hour to install Ubuntu on that thing.
    > That's snapshot enough for me. =)

    If you've got that sort of time free, cool. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  4. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On 6 Sep 2007 17:57:23 GMT
    Moog wrote:

    > Why not try it in a test Virtual Machine mate.
    >
    > Everyone needs a test virtual machine IMHO. I have a version of gutsy
    > and a "mimic" of my hard drive install. This has saved me from many
    > potential headaches in the past. Snapshotting is great. ;-)

    I've never gotton Ubuntu installed in a VM, both Virtual PC 2007 in
    Windows and VirtualBox in Linux. It always seems to go into some
    strange video mode and hang. The Alternative CD just hung.

    Yet I have installed Mepis, PCLinuxOS, Slax and some other thing I
    can't remember the name of without trouble.

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  5. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 21:11:41 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > Yet I have installed Mepis, PCLinuxOS, Slax and some other thing I
    > can't remember the name of without trouble.

    Windows95?

    --
    Chris Game

    Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read.
    -- Button from the Computer Museum, Boston, MA

  6. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 21:11:41 +0100
    Trevor Best wrote:

    > On 6 Sep 2007 17:57:23 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    > > Why not try it in a test Virtual Machine mate.
    > >
    > > Everyone needs a test virtual machine IMHO. I have a version of
    > > gutsy and a "mimic" of my hard drive install. This has saved me from
    > > many potential headaches in the past. Snapshotting is great. ;-)

    > I've never gotton Ubuntu installed in a VM, both Virtual PC 2007 in
    > Windows and VirtualBox in Linux. It always seems to go into some
    > strange video mode and hang. The Alternative CD just hung.
    >
    > Yet I have installed Mepis, PCLinuxOS, Slax and some other thing I
    > can't remember the name of without trouble.

    I have both a desktop and a server running in VMWare. The server is
    running on an ESX server, the desktop is running in VMWare Server...
    Installed with no issues... Though I haven't been able to get the
    VMWare tools running right...

    --
    Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

    time..."
    - Danny, American History X

  7. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 6 Sep 2007 17:57:23 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Why not try it in a test Virtual Machine mate.
    >>
    >> Everyone needs a test virtual machine IMHO. I have a version of gutsy
    >> and a "mimic" of my hard drive install. This has saved me from many
    >> potential headaches in the past. Snapshotting is great. ;-)

    > I've never gotton Ubuntu installed in a VM, both Virtual PC 2007 in
    > Windows and VirtualBox in Linux. It always seems to go into some
    > strange video mode and hang. The Alternative CD just hung.

    Interesting. VirtualBox was fine. There are issues with X once you've
    installed the guest additions, but they are well documented.

    > Yet I have installed Mepis, PCLinuxOS, Slax and some other thing I
    > can't remember the name of without trouble.

    I'm looking to develop a pr0n based distro. Looking for testers. Interested?

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  8. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    On 10 Sep 2007 21:06:26 GMT
    Moog wrote:

    > I'm looking to develop a pr0n based distro. Looking for testers. Interested?

    *waves*

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  9. Re: Good replacement for firefox?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 10 Sep 2007 21:06:26 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking to develop a pr0n based distro. Looking for testers. Interested?
    >>

    > *waves*

    Excellent. There *is* a market.

    --
    Moog