CLI Ubuntu page complete - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on CLI Ubuntu page complete - Ubuntu ; * andrew wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: > On 2007-09-06, SINNER wrote: >> * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: >>> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: >>>> >>>> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor? >>> No. I have a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

  1. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    * andrew wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On 2007-09-06, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >> * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> No. I have a great sense of humour. It's just that no other bloody
    >>> bugger on here understands it.

    >> Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    > Well, I have a joke:

    > Q. What do you do when a crazed Rottweiler humps your leg?

    > Andrew

    I'll bite back?

    --
    David

    The British are coming! The British are coming!

  2. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    andrew wrote:

    > On 2007-09-06, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >> * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> No. I have a great sense of humour. It's just that no other bloody
    >>> bugger on here understands it.

    >> Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    > Well, I have a joke:
    >
    > Q. What do you do when a crazed Rottweiler humps your leg?
    >
    > Andrew

    Offer him a cigarette afterwards?

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  3. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> <...>
    >>> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    >> No. I have a great sense of humour. It's just that no other bloody
    >> bugger on here understands it.

    > Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    I reckon this NG will be full of people with a great sense of humour
    but only get their own gags. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  4. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    andrew illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2007-09-06, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >> * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> No. I have a great sense of humour. It's just that no other bloody
    >>> bugger on here understands it.

    >> Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    > Well, I have a joke:
    >
    > Q. What do you do when a crazed Rottweiler humps your leg?

    Relax and enjoy it. It's the only piece of "action" you'll get this
    year.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  5. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On 2007-09-06, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    > * andrew wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    >> Well, I have a joke:

    >> Q. What do you do when a crazed Rottweiler humps your leg?

    >> Andrew

    > I'll bite back?

    A. Fake an orgasm

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html

  6. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    Moog wrote:
    > SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> No. I have a great sense of humour. It's just that no other bloody
    >>> bugger on here understands it.

    >> Apparently I suffer from the same problem.

    > I reckon this NG will be full of people with a great sense of humour
    > but only get their own gags. ;-)

    Q: What's the difference between a rabbit and a circular?
    A: Six!

    I slay myself sometimes.

    --
    If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
    you should stop exhaling.

  7. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:38:58 GMT, SINNER wrote:

    > Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    Hmmm, pot, kettle, black...

    --
    Chris Game

    The generation of random numbers is too important to be left
    to chance. -Robert R. Coveyou Oak Ridge National Laboratory

  8. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    * Chris Game wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:38:58 GMT, SINNER wrote:
    >
    >> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    > Hmmm, pot, kettle, black...

    This from the resident troll. Your posts are not humor they are digs, plain
    and simple.

    --
    David

  9. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    SINNER wrote:

    > * Florian Diesch wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

    >>> Or Dead.

    >> Have you ever been dead?

    > Have you?

    No, but I've seen a few movies about it. Seems to be fun.

    > If I told you yes, would you believe me?

    You wouldn't lie at me, do you?

    > Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    I'm German.

    Florian

  10. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    * Florian Diesch wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > SINNER wrote:

    >> * Florian Diesch wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Have you ever been dead?

    >> Have you?

    > No, but I've seen a few movies about it. Seems to be fun.

    Hmmm, let us know how it works out for you.

    >> If I told you yes, would you believe me?

    > You wouldn't lie at me, do you?

    Who me? Never

    >> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    > I'm German.

    OK, some humor at last, I think, thank you

    --
    David
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org/

    Many a writer seems to think he is never profound except when he can't
    understand his own meaning.
    -- George D. Prentice

  11. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    SINNER wrote:

    > * Florian Diesch wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> SINNER wrote:

    >>> Have you?

    >> No, but I've seen a few movies about it. Seems to be fun.

    > Hmmm, let us know how it works out for you.
    >
    >>> If I told you yes, would you believe me?

    >> You wouldn't lie at me, do you?

    > Who me? Never
    >
    >>> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    >> I'm German.

    > OK, some humor at last, I think, thank you

    I was going to start quoting from Fawlty Towers, but on second thought, I
    better not. :-)

    Cheers.

    --

    Proprietary Software: a 20th Century software business model.
    Intelligent and helpful Windoze error messages: http://tinyurl.com/2ks5dz

  12. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:10:26 +0000 (UTC) andrew
    wrote:

    > Thanks LG. I _really_ need to scale back work on these pages which
    > take an immense amount of time to produce. Competition for this time
    > includes, in no particular order:

    > 1. Wife
    > 2. Children
    > 3. Grandchild (living with us)
    > 4. Full time employment
    > 5. University Degree (BA part time)
    > 6. Dog

    *ERROR* System Overload *ERROR*

    > etc etc. I know we are all mostly in the same boat but it is
    > frustrating attimes. I would dearly _love_ to spend a huge amount of
    > time on irrsi, rewrite some aspects of my site, read a pile of books
    > sitting on my shelf, reread lord of the rings and big pieces of the
    > Silmarillion ...........

    > In frustration at his life,

    [hands Andrew a large mug of hot cocoa, a pillow, a lap blanket, a
    comfortable chair in a gently lit corner over by the fire, and a copy
    of Lord of the Rings] [turns on some nice music, unplugs all the phones
    and removes all the clocks] [quietly leaves the room]

    (:

    --
    Little Girl

    There is no spoon.

  13. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On 2007-09-08, Little Girl wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:10:26 +0000 (UTC) andrew
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks LG. I _really_ need to scale back work on these pages which
    >> take an immense amount of time to produce. Competition for this time
    >> includes, in no particular order:

    >> 1. Wife
    >> 2. Children
    >> 3. Grandchild (living with us)
    >> 4. Full time employment
    >> 5. University Degree (BA part time)
    >> 6. Dog

    > *ERROR* System Overload *ERROR*

    [...]

    > [hands Andrew a large mug of hot cocoa, a pillow, a lap blanket, a
    > comfortable chair in a gently lit corner over by the fire, and a copy
    > of Lord of the Rings] [turns on some nice music, unplugs all the phones
    > and removes all the clocks] [quietly leaves the room]

    That feels better already :-) Mind you exams coming up on November 8th
    = 1800 lines of Greek that I have to know and secretly I have been
    working on a page that describes capturing live audio streams with
    mplayer with a very detailed description of compiling it from source
    and encoding to ogg complete with ogg descriptions and I can hear my
    grandchild screaming and my wife is calling me and I hate my loser job

    Now where did I put that cocoa .....

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html

  14. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:43:24 GMT, SINNER wrote:

    > * Chris Game wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:38:58 GMT, SINNER wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does everyone on this group lack a freaking sense of humor?

    >> Hmmm, pot, kettle, black...
    >>

    > This from the resident troll. Your posts are not humor they are
    > digs, plain and simple.

    This is wrong because...?
    Look up trolling for a definition by the way.

    --
    Chris Game

    "If everyone with a question just went away and looked it up
    we'd never learn anything." -- Carlie Hulme

  15. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    * Chris Game wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:43:24 GMT, SINNER wrote:

    >> * Chris Game wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Hmmm, pot, kettle, black...

    >> This from the resident troll. Your posts are not humor they are
    >> digs, plain and simple.

    > This is wrong because...?

    How is that question even relevant to the above post? what is 'This'? Is
    English your first language, if not I guess I'll have to apologize, a
    concept you aren't familiar with which seems to be a running theme with
    you, you don't get much.

    > Look up trolling for a definition by the way.

    No need, all I need to do is read your posts, they are the epitome of
    trolling. You do understand the concept of this group is to provide help
    to people seeking it and not making stupid comments about posts because
    you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation or don't you?

    (rhetorical)
    --
    David
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org/

    Humor in the Court:
    Q: What is your relationship with the plaintiff?
    A: She is my daughter.
    Q: Was she your daughter on February 13, 1979?

  16. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 03:01:47 +0000 (UTC) andrew
    wrote:

    > On 2007-09-08, Little Girl wrote:

    > > [hands Andrew a large mug of hot cocoa, a pillow, a lap blanket, a
    > > comfortable chair in a gently lit corner over by the fire, and a
    > > copy of Lord of the Rings] [turns on some nice music, unplugs all
    > > the phones and removes all the clocks] [quietly leaves the room]

    > That feels better already :-) Mind you exams coming up on November 8th
    > = 1800 lines of Greek that I have to know and secretly I have been
    > working on a page that describes capturing live audio streams with
    > mplayer with a very detailed description of compiling it from source
    > and encoding to ogg complete with ogg descriptions and I can hear my
    > grandchild screaming and my wife is calling me and I hate my loser job

    Well, I can certainly say it seems as though you're not at a lack for
    variety in your life. (:

    > Now where did I put that cocoa .....

    Aw, I hope things get better for you!

    --
    Little Girl

    There is no spoon.

  17. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:02:17 +0000, andrew wrote:

    snipped

    > Q. What do you do when a crazed Rottweiler humps your leg?
    >
    > Andrew

    Let it finish?
    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  18. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 21:05:13 -0500, Doc wrote:

    Snipped

    >>> I understand (and share) your frustration, but it's a 1000 times
    >>> better than being bored!

    >> Or Dead.
    >>

    > Well, that remains hypothetical, as none of us here (I presume) has any
    > basis for comparison. But I appreciate your point.

    Wasn't that in a Star Trek movie? McCoy (IIRC) couldn't discuss Spocks
    insights into death as they had no common point of reference or something
    because only Spock had 'died'?

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

  19. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On 2007-09-13, MCR wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 21:05:13 -0500, Doc wrote:
    >
    > Snipped

    >>> Or Dead.
    >>>

    >> Well, that remains hypothetical, as none of us here (I presume) has any
    >> basis for comparison. But I appreciate your point.
    >>

    > Wasn't that in a Star Trek movie? McCoy (IIRC) couldn't discuss Spocks
    > insights into death as they had no common point of reference or something
    > because only Spock had 'died'?

    You are correct, Sir. Spock answers Bones' inquiry about death by
    saying they must have a "common frame of reference" in order to
    discuss the subject.

    It's great when they get the allusions...

    --
    Terry
    _______________

  20. Re: CLI Ubuntu page complete

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:05:12 -0500, Doc wrote:

    Snipped

    > You are correct, Sir. Spock answers Bones' inquiry about death by
    > saying they must have a "common frame of reference" in order to
    > discuss the subject.
    >
    > It's great when they get the allusions...

    Thank goodness... I thought middle age was making me senile :-)

    --
    MCR
    MAME - History In The Making

+ Reply to Thread