Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update - Ubuntu ; First problem, Ubuntu will not work with DVI cable, have to use VGA cord. Ubuntu install went ok. Installed my Samsung ML 1740 printer working good and got ATI drivers working (No wide screen support) but it is working. Next ...

  1. Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    First problem, Ubuntu will not work with DVI cable, have to use VGA cord.

    Ubuntu install went ok. Installed my Samsung ML 1740 printer working good
    and got ATI drivers working (No wide screen support) but it is working.

    Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    Thanks for any help on this.

  2. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    * Darkelldar wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > First problem, Ubuntu will not work with DVI cable, have to use VGA cord.

    > Ubuntu install went ok. Installed my Samsung ML 1740 printer working good
    > and got ATI drivers working (No wide screen support) but it is working.

    > Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    Requirements? GUI, Binary Support, Scoring...

    --
    David

    It is far better to be deceived than to be undeceived by those we love.

  3. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    On 2007-09-04, Darkelldar intrigued me by typing:
    > First problem, Ubuntu will not work with DVI cable, have to use VGA cord.
    >
    > Ubuntu install went ok. Installed my Samsung ML 1740 printer working good
    > and got ATI drivers working (No wide screen support) but it is working.
    >
    > Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.
    >
    > Thanks for any help on this.

    SLRN, Pan, Thunderbird...Take your pick. Also, check out LittleGirl's page:
    http://littlergirl.googlepages.com/newsreaders.html
    There's a wealth of information there in regard to newsreaders. Take care.
    --
    Just me, D
    (Ubuntu User# 16887)

  4. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    "Darkelldar" wrote in message
    > First problem, Ubuntu will not work with DVI cable, have to use VGA cord.

    Maybe for you. Mine works fine. (ATI Radeon 9200SE on DVI)

    > Ubuntu install went ok. Installed my Samsung ML 1740 printer working good
    > and got ATI drivers working (No wide screen support) but it is working.
    >
    > Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    I've tried Pan, but ended up just using the Thunderbird mail program. It
    works fine. Install and follow the prompts.

  5. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 00:33:48 +0000, Darkelldar wrote:

    > Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    Just go to add/remove and select the internet and then select Pan
    Newsreader, click apply.

  6. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:15:17 +0000, Fish wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 00:33:48 +0000, Darkelldar wrote:
    >

    >> Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    > Just go to add/remove and select the internet and then select Pan
    > Newsreader, click apply.

    Thanks for the help, Replying via Pan Reader. on to the next step.....

  7. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    Darkelldar schreef:
    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:15:17 +0000, Fish wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 00:33:48 +0000, Darkelldar wrote:
    >>

    >>> Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    >> Just go to add/remove and select the internet and then select Pan
    >> Newsreader, click apply.

    > Thanks for the help, Replying via Pan Reader. on to the next step.....

    But do use the latest Beta of Pan, it's *a lot* better than the stable
    release.
    You can find the link to an *ubuntu deb on the home page.

  8. Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Install Update

    It was on, or about, Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:46:42 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Darkelldar wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:15:17 +0000, Fish wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 00:33:48 +0000, Darkelldar wrote:
    >>

    >>> Next I need advice on a good newsreader, and how to set it up.

    >> Just go to add/remove and select the internet and then select Pan
    >> Newsreader, click apply.

    > Thanks for the help, Replying via Pan Reader. on to the next step.....

    The latest Pan updates are here: http://darrenalbers.com/Pan/

    Pan FAQ page is here:
    http://www.darrenalbers.net/wiki/ind...?title=Pan_FAQ

    --
    Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
    98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary
+ Reply to Thread