Compiz - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Compiz - Ubuntu ; I have Amilo A1650G with grafic card ATI Radeon XPRES 200M and I'll try to install compiz, but the message that I view when I try to start compiz is this: eswa@eswa-laptop:~$ Checking for Unsupported sessions: not present. Checking for ...

  1. Compiz

    I have Amilo A1650G with grafic card ATI Radeon XPRES 200M and I'll try
    to install compiz, but the message that I view when I try to start
    compiz is this:

    eswa@eswa-laptop:~$ Checking for Unsupported sessions: not present.
    Checking for nVidia: not present.
    Checking for Xgl: not present.
    Checking for FBConfig: present.
    Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
    Trying again with indirect rendering:
    Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
    Checking for copy texture support: present.
    Checking for Intel: not present.
    Checking for non power of two support: present.
    Checking for Composite extension: not present.
    Checking for XDamage extension: present.
    Checking for XSync extension: present.
    Detected 1 screen(s)
    Fatal: Failed test: texture_from_pixmap support
    Checks indicate that it's impossible to start compiz on your system.

    What Can I do?
    Please.

    Eswa
    Linux User

  2. Re: Compiz

    "eswa@email.it" illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > I have Amilo A1650G with grafic card ATI Radeon XPRES 200M and I'll
    > try to install compiz, but the message that I view when I try to
    > start compiz is this:
    >
    > eswa@eswa-laptop:~$ Checking for Unsupported sessions: not present.
    > Checking for nVidia: not present.
    > Checking for Xgl: not present.
    > Checking for FBConfig: present.
    > Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
    > Trying again with indirect rendering:
    > Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
    > Checking for copy texture support: present.
    > Checking for Intel: not present.
    > Checking for non power of two support: present.
    > Checking for Composite extension: not present.
    > Checking for XDamage extension: present.
    > Checking for XSync extension: present.
    > Detected 1 screen(s)
    > Fatal: Failed test: texture_from_pixmap support
    > Checks indicate that it's impossible to start compiz on your system.

    Hi Eswa. You need to install the driver for your ATI card to allow
    GLX/XGL to operate

    There are a couple of resources you can check
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

    You may instead decide to use Alberto Milone's Envy which will
    select and install the correct driver for you using a clever script
    http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

    You may then wish to try the compiz-fusion howto here
    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:F...eryl_fusion.29
    Or alternatively, simply enable desktop effects from your gnome menu
    (feisty only btw)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."