Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron - Ubuntu ; Mike Easter illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > Moog wrote: >> OK. Here goes, the next version (8.04LTS) is to be called.... >> >> ....Hardy Heron >> Great news....but is it a **** name? > > I don't see anything wrong ...

  1. Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron

    Mike Easter illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> OK. Here goes, the next version (8.04LTS) is to be called....
    >>
    >> ....Hardy Heron
    >> Great news....but is it a **** name?

    > I don't see anything wrong with Heron and I think 'Hardy' is a good
    > choice for something that is going to be LTS.
    >
    > You don't like Heron because it is a bird? Or because it is a wading
    > bird? Or because some of them are funny looking?

    I didn't say I didn't like it, I was asking a couple of questions to
    the group.

    > Someone once figgered out a way to try to guess at the IQ of birds and
    > sed that the heron was pretty smart, for a bird (brain).

    Heh. I oughta sneak one into the office and get it to answer my emails
    while I watch cricket. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  2. Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron

    On 2007-09-01, Moog wrote:

    [...]

    > Heh. I oughta sneak one into the office and get it to answer my emails
    > while I watch cricket. ;-)

    I have a sneaking recollection that you are English Moog which means
    that you will get little joy from watching the cricket :-)

    Andrew

    --
    Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
    from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which

  3. Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron

    On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
    andrew wrote:

    > On 2007-09-01, Moog wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > > Heh. I oughta sneak one into the office and get it to answer my emails
    > > while I watch cricket. ;-)

    > I have a sneaking recollection that you are English Moog which means
    > that you will get little joy from watching the cricket :-)

    LOL - he's got you there Moog :-)

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  4. Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron

    andrew illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2007-09-01, Moog wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> Heh. I oughta sneak one into the office and get it to answer my emails
    >> while I watch cricket. ;-)

    > I have a sneaking recollection that you are English Moog which means
    > that you will get little joy from watching the cricket :-)

    Heh.

    Yeah. At present, agreed. It was only two years since that we tanned
    your over shrimped on the BBQ arses though. What goes around comes
    around. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  5. Re: Straight From the Fridge - Hardy Heron

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
    > andrew wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-09-01, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> > Heh. I oughta sneak one into the office and get it to answer my emails
    >> > while I watch cricket. ;-)

    >> I have a sneaking recollection that you are English Moog which means
    >> that you will get little joy from watching the cricket :-)

    > LOL - he's got you there Moog :-)

    Oh. I see. Run away from your own heritage....why dontcha?

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

+ Reply to Thread