Re: [OT] Windows XP install - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [OT] Windows XP install - Ubuntu ; Hadron illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > johnny bobby bee writes: > >> Marco wrote: >>> I get a little irritated when in a Ubuntu NG people like the OP only >>> sent messages about how "terrible" Windows XP is. >> ...

  1. Re: [OT] Windows XP install

    Hadron illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > johnny bobby bee writes:
    >
    >> Marco wrote:
    >>> I get a little irritated when in a Ubuntu NG people like the OP only
    >>> sent messages about how "terrible" Windows XP is.

    >> Um, this *is* an Ubuntu NG. What did you expect, exactly? Love for
    >> Windows? You're in the wrong NG, dude. Windows-love NGs are that a way
    >> ------>>>>

    > This is an Ubuntu help NG. Not a slag off Windows group. Those groups
    > exist. Grow up. For some people Ubuntu and Windows co-exist and this
    > will happen more and more as people move to Ubuntu. Slagging them off
    > for, often an involuntarily, need to run Windows too is amateurish,
    > boorish and simply not necessary.

    Hadron. No one was slagging windows off. It was simply a "this is the
    way it is" thread. Granted, it has turned into a stupid "my dad is
    bigger than yours" style thread, but that is only because people
    posting in ths thread are ignoring the things that are actually being
    said and going into "threatened -> fight back" mode.

    These sort of people are *ludicrous*.

    Now. Could *you* please see this thread for what it is, instead of
    becoming some sort of NG overlord?

    TIA.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  2. Re: [OT] Windows XP install

    It was on, or about, Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:13:48 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Moog wrote:

    > Hadron illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> johnny bobby bee writes:

    >>> Um, this *is* an Ubuntu NG. What did you expect, exactly? Love for
    >>> Windows? You're in the wrong NG, dude. Windows-love NGs are that a way
    >>> ------>>>>

    >> This is an Ubuntu help NG. Not a slag off Windows group. Those groups
    >> exist. Grow up. For some people Ubuntu and Windows co-exist and this
    >> will happen more and more as people move to Ubuntu. Slagging them off
    >> for, often an involuntarily, need to run Windows too is amateurish,
    >> boorish and simply not necessary.

    > Hadron. No one was slagging windows off. It was simply a "this is the
    > way it is" thread. Granted, it has turned into a stupid "my dad is
    > bigger than yours" style thread, but that is only because people posting
    > in ths thread are ignoring the things that are actually being said and
    > going into "threatened -> fight back" mode.
    >
    > These sort of people are *ludicrous*.
    >
    > Now. Could *you* please see this thread for what it is, instead of
    > becoming some sort of NG overlord?
    >
    > TIA.

    Don't count on it, Quack *has* to defend his precious windows at any cost.
    Now it seems he wants to be a newsgroup moderator too. Sheesh.

    --
    Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
    98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary
+ Reply to Thread