OT -- Vista on a Mac - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on OT -- Vista on a Mac - Ubuntu ; SINNER wrote: > * Fish wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: > >> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:00:03 +0000, SINNER wrote: >> >> >>> 3 people in a single thread on a relatively obscure medium. Nope, >>> nothing to see here. Geez! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

  1. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    SINNER wrote:

    > * Fish wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:00:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >>

    >>> 3 people in a single thread on a relatively obscure medium. Nope,
    >>> nothing to see here. Geez! Here you are complaining about Linux

    > fanbois
    >>> and yet you exhibit the exact same behavior you accuse them of.
    >>>
    >>> Things that make you go hmmm.....
    >>>

    >> How can I possibly be a Microsoft fanboi if the majority of my time is
    >> spent in Linux? Hmmm?
    >>

    > And we all know this how? Oh, becasue you told us

    Oh, there are people in this group who claim to be "kernel hackers"

    > and everything we read on the internet must be true.

    Especially newsreader ident-strings...

    > Your in a LINUX group it's natural to expect some slagging of Windows, if
    > your skin is to thin to allow for that perhaps Usenet is not for you?
    >
    > All this said, using Linux does not preclude one from being an MS Fanboi,
    > weve got a few in here.

    Add to that a post like this, where he replied to one of those
    windows-fanboys (Hadron Quark)

    "Exactly, it's just the usual Linux fanbois FUD. I used to have a great
    time winding up the Mandrake boys and looks like I may get some
    entertainment out of some of the lads in here too. Bring it on fanbois. "

    Admittance of being an outright troll, nothing else
    --
    The UNIX Guru`s view of Sex:
    unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

  2. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    SINNER writes:

    > * Fish wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:00:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >>

    >>> 3 people in a single thread on a relatively obscure medium. Nope,
    >>> nothing to see here. Geez! Here you are complaining about Linux

    > fanbois
    >>> and yet you exhibit the exact same behavior you accuse them of.
    >>>
    >>> Things that make you go hmmm.....
    >>>

    >> How can I possibly be a Microsoft fanboi if the majority of my time is
    >> spent in Linux? Hmmm?
    >>

    > And we all know this how? Oh, becasue you told us and everything we read
    > on the internet must be true.
    >
    > Your in a LINUX group it's natural to expect some slagging of Windows, if
    > your skin is to thin to allow for that perhaps Usenet is not for you?
    >
    > All this said, using Linux does not preclude one from being an MS Fanboi,
    > weve got a few in here.

    Depends on how you define "fanboi". And since your somewhat idiotic
    definition appears to be "anyone who uses Windows" then we have more
    than a few I'll bet.

    --
    You may be infinitely smaller than some things, but you're infinitely
    larger than others.

  3. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    * Hadron wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > SINNER writes:
    >
    >> * Fish wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >> fanbois

    >>> How can I possibly be a Microsoft fanboi if the majority of my time
    >>> is spent in Linux? Hmmm?
    >>>

    >> And we all know this how? Oh, becasue you told us and everything we
    >> read on the internet must be true.
    >>
    >> Your in a LINUX group it's natural to expect some slagging of
    >> Windows, if your skin is to thin to allow for that perhaps Usenet is
    >> not for you?
    >>
    >> All this said, using Linux does not preclude one from being an MS
    >> Fanboi, weve got a few in here.

    > Depends on how you define "fanboi". And since your somewhat idiotic
    > definition appears to be "anyone who uses Windows" then we have more
    > than a few I'll bet.

    Funny to find you in this thread....Not Really.

    How 'I' define Fanboi? Sorry, did I start this thread or even accuse
    anyone of being one? Nope, thought so, but here you are running to their
    rescue, what a surprise...

    My 'idotic' definition? Did I define it somewhere in this thread? Oh! You
    ASSUMED what my definition was, I see. Yeah, there is an idiot here, but
    it ain't me.

    --
    David

  4. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    Fish illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:38:36 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >

    >> I've also seen others have BSOD's due to hardware and other pieces of
    >> software. Don't be such a blind, blinkered fcukwit.
    >>

    > **** you.

    I'd rather you didn't thanks. You're not my type.

    > Just because you had one BSOD doesn't mean Vista is BSOD prone

    I had one and I've seen others on other machines too. Did you
    *actually* read my post.

    > like the person I was replying to stated.

    As BSOD's are "windows only", I would say they were prone. If you wish
    to bury your head in the sand. Fine. Don't expect me to join you.

    > You Linux fanbois are always spreading FUD about Windows.

    Do you read my stuff? I said I run and like Vista. How the hell you
    came to the conclusion that I was a linux "fanboi" (BTW, anyone who
    uses that word deserves castrating) is completely and utterly
    baffling. I'm afraid it says more about your state of mind than mine

    Fancy swearing at me again instead of actually reading what was
    written? TIA.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  5. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    Fish illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:00:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >

    >> 3 people in a single thread on a relatively obscure medium. Nope,
    >> nothing to see here. Geez! Here you are complaining about Linux fanbois
    >> and yet you exhibit the exact same behavior you accuse them of.
    >>
    >> Things that make you go hmmm.....
    >>

    > How can I possibly be a Microsoft fanboi if the majority of my time is
    > spent in Linux? Hmmm?

    The majority of your time is spent jumping to inaccurate conclusions
    about what other folk have written.

    Take some time. Read posts, digest and then (in your case) do that
    *again* before submitting a response.

    You'd be saving this NG from having to put up with your tedium.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  6. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    Fish illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 14:53:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> You know, I don't think its so strange or blinkered. As I said, I used
    >> NT/XP for years with no BSOD (maybe one or two in years). Maybe my HW
    >> was better matched, I don't know. But for some reason people in Linux
    >> groups seems to think that Windows users are plagued by these things on
    >> a daily basis. They aren't. Really. Yes, there are issues. There are
    >> issues with Linux too. I prefer Linux, but Windows is not the devil
    >> incarnate you know.
    >>

    > Exactly, it's just the usual Linux fanbois FUD. I used to have a great
    > time winding up the Mandrake boys and looks like I may get some
    > entertainment out of some of the lads in here too. Bring it on fanbois.

    You will be hard pushed finding that sort of approach here, Mr. Troll
    Fish.

    However, if you keep posting BS, you will be put straight.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  7. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    Fish illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:17:38 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> And now, get lost. I have heard enough bull**** from your ilk.
    >> How about telling the truth for the very first time in your life? You might
    >> even like it

    > I will when you do the same. My guess is that won't be any time soon.

    Oh for the love of the little baby Jesus.

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."

  8. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:37:37 +0200
    Hadron wrote:

    > Depends on how you define "fanboi". And since your somewhat idiotic
    > definition appears to be "anyone who uses Windows" then we have more
    > than a few I'll bet.

    My definition would be someone that gets upset at the mention of a
    BSOD, starts defending saying "I've never had one" and when everyone
    else tell them they have they plug their ears and go into "LA LA LA I'm
    not listening" mode.

    I don't know what it is about BSODs, but the mere mention of one brings
    them out. Now a few moons ago when I joined this motley crew here I was
    having a problem with a KSOD (Black screen of death) in Linux. It's not
    resolved, I just don't attempt to do what it is that causes it but when
    I mentioned it I didn't have the wrath of any Linux "fanbois" on me,
    even though I as a n00b here then.

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  9. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    In <20070904223512.19c80f91@voyager> Trevor Best:

    [Snip...]

    > what it is about BSODs, but the mere mention of one brings them out

    As one of my college physics prof (a real physics prof, not the fake CERN
    phantoms Quack mumbles about): It's A Hit Dog That Yells.

    IOW, that they don't STFU about it shows how damaging it is to M$ shills.

  10. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On 2 Sep 2007 13:22:23 GMT, Moog wrote:

    >Me too. But when you do get the BSOD you are royally snookered.

    Not really. Some are correctable with a reboot, usually a cold boot. Some,
    as you say, do require a complete reinstall. But, if you use imaging
    software and backup regularly, that's 20 minutes and a minimum of lost
    settings. So, no big.

  11. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:35:07 GMT, Fish wrote:

    >If you get a BSOD on a daily basis then I think your issue is more than
    >just the OS. BSOD's are usually caused by bad hardware.

    They can be. They can be caused by bad software, too. In my experience, if
    you're working with a lot of similar applications, say, graphics software,
    like an editor, several viewers, a script engine for bulk editing, a program
    that converts between multiple formats, and so on .. IOW, you get a lot of
    calls to the same API's in the same DLL's by lots of similar programs ..
    that's a recipe for trouble.

  12. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:51:58 +0100, Trevor Best
    wrote:

    >BTW I don't think much of Rhythmbox anyway, VLC Player might be worth a
    >try. What radio station was it?

    I like both. Rhythmbox for local files, VLC Player for URL's. Tunapie is a
    must have application for streaming audio ..

  13. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:19:57 -0400
    George Peatty wrote:

    > On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:51:58 +0100, Trevor Best
    > wrote:
    >
    > >BTW I don't think much of Rhythmbox anyway, VLC Player might be worth a
    > >try. What radio station was it?

    > I like both. Rhythmbox for local files, VLC Player for URL's. Tunapie is a
    > must have application for streaming audio ..

    Thanks for the tip.

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  14. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    Fish wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:00:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >

    > > 3 people in a single thread on a relatively obscure medium. Nope,
    > > nothing to see here. Geez! Here you are complaining about Linux
    > > fanbois and yet you exhibit the exact same behavior you accuse them
    > > of.
    > >
    > > Things that make you go hmmm.....
    > >

    > How can I possibly be a Microsoft fanboi if the majority of my time is
    > spent in Linux? Hmmm?

    there's a lot of part time public restroom queers running around who
    have wives and kids and don't admit publicly that they suck dick
    either. some of them use to be senators in fact. that doesn't make them
    any less of a freak show than a full blown drag queen on gay pride
    night at the pink oyster pub, it just makes them more dishonest.

    exactly like you.

  15. Re: OT -- Vista on a Mac

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:35:59 +0200, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:

    > there's a lot of part time public restroom queers running around who
    > have wives and kids and don't admit publicly that they suck dick
    > either.

    Speaking from experience, huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3